just woke up to water leaking in all over my dj stuff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default just woke up to water leaking in all over my dj stuff

ouch, what a morning! I'm waking up trying to figure out what that strange drip sound is and see a pretty steady stream of water leaking through the ceiling of my apartment RIGHT onto my equipment and esp my mixer.

i just poured out water from my mixer, ouch. the mixer got the most of the water, i think everything else will be fine.

oh man that sux ! you should get yourself some distilled water, take the stuff that got wet apart and wash it down. The impurities in the water is what helps cause rust but if your using distilled water you can wash this off.

And you should let it dry right out before you power it up. I have read that you shouldn't force dry it with a hair dryer or anything like that. Just keep it in a warm room for a week or more before you switch on.

Good luck

thanks for the suggestion, i'll give that a try for sure. really really glad i have a backup mixer to use the next couple of days.

maybe the stars are aligned right and the rental company, who were supposed to fix the problem, will do something cool and offer some kind of compensation.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Wizard

Yeah, whatever you do don't power it up. If you let it dry I'm sure it'll be fine

Charo donīt power it up untill it is dry as a mommy.

Once a whole (1.5 liters) jar of strawberry juice fell inside (lieterally went in the ventilation holes) of a crt monitor i had. I inmediately unpluged it and let it dry for a week.
    I has worked for 2 more years without any issue.

Just let it dry and you might be lucky.
    Last edited by alien2k; 03-24-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

yeah i won't be turning it on for awhile. i'll be using my backup (djm300) mixer in the mean time and might try to borrow my friends backup mixer as really don't like using the djm.

landlord should be buying you a new mixer.

Tech Wizard

man dont use just one bowl of destilled water, have at least 3 of them for every part you put in. as soon as you put in the first part in the destilled water, it will become normal water because of all the salt on your equipment. so you dip in the first, then dip it in the second and do some moves and then in the third. all the salt should than be off the electronics and you should be fine. then let it dry and reassemble it.
    however you also have to talk to your landlord about insurrance etc.

I knocked a glass of water into a very rare Tiesco 110F monosynth only a week after getting it. I had been looking for one for a year. Just clean it up and leave for a least a week or two before plugging it back in. I left mine even though i was really tempted to get the hair dryer on it and it works fine now. Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast