Where to find good intros?
    Tech Mentor

Default Where to find good intros?

Does anyone out there know of a good source for dance music intros? I enjoy making compilations and like to start the mix off with some vocal samples or something without a beat that i can layer the first track over...
    I'm sure most qualified djs/producers create their own but unfortunately lack those skills. any reference would be helpful. thanks in advance!
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

I'm sure other people here will know of better places, but I've used vocal samples from

http://www.breakbeat-paradise.com/.

Actually they have tons of good samples, vocal and otherwise, that you can download for free.

Edit: Actually after reading your post again I realized this is entirely probably not what your looking for. I'm sorry. But still it's a worthwhile site with loads of different samples.

You could try using acapellas?
    Last edited by Lambox; 03-29-2009 at 01:53 PM.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

I sample movies for this purpose sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Creamation View Post
    I sample movies for this purpose sometimes...
    hear hear

I like epic movies especialy, the narrator has usualy pretty deep voice that totally sounds on a club system - like introduction on Barbar Conan, just epic and fun.
    Last edited by Kupujte_Pytle; 03-30-2009 at 01:17 AM.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII