Problem and I'm New :)
    Tech Student

Default Problem and I'm New :)

Bad title. I know.

I decided to join (hopefully stay) because I have a bit of a problem. Seeing I got my turn-tables in January this year, I decided that I'd be mixing at the Christmas party and show off my new set in front of everyone. Okay, it ain't the best turn-tables but for $200 as well as some stuff given, I figure I got the best deal to start off into DJ-ing.

Straight to the point: my speakers are doing a ''screeching'' sound when the singer sings too high and the bass seems a bit out of tune. I decided to plug in my dad's equalizer that he doesn't use but seeing I'm such a noob I had no idea if I plugged it in correctly. When I press ON and OFF on it, it does lower the sound like, I think, it should.

Here's what I got:

Turn-tables: Numark tt1550
    Mixer: Numark dm950
    Ampli/whole base: Electro sound 32:32 am fm stereo receiver (that's what it says on it as well as the manual)
    Equalizer: Technics SH-8017
    Accusound speakers, not sure which one but old-school. Basically, all I got is old-school. I still use vinyls as I love the crackling you hear and just wiping them from the dust. I grew up with turn-tables around so getting a real DJ set-up from the non-DJ turn-tables was a big and great step.

Now whoever answers me before the 24th, I'll buy you a kit-kat and play you Men At Work's ''Land Down Under'' dressed as Bugs Bunny.

Oh, I don't want to spend anything. I know what I got can play for a small crowd of around 30-40 people and I know it's just my incompetence that makes it so that it doesn't work like I want it to. Thanks in advance!

It sounds like your amp or your speakers are knackered

try borrow a set from somebody to see if it makes a difference.

Could be the stylus / cartridge but it's unlikely if its both decks that are doing it.

Could be a dodgy wire as well - try different ones - especially check your speaker wire / connections..

I like Kit Kat chunky's btw
    SC | MC

Tech Student

I do know I have to change the wire from both speakers. My dad always told me the length of the wires for the speakers need to be the same. True or not, I want to change them to new ones as they're pretty old. That or the amp may be the problem so I'll look into that.

I'll check out my amp after the wiring of the speakers, then.
    Thanks for the help! I have no chunkies.

Quote Originally Posted by DignifiedTick View Post
    I have no chunkies.
    You tease
    SC | MC