isolators or software to make itch sound better
    Tech Convert

Default isolators or software to make itch sound better

anyone use any isolators or software with itch to make it sound warmer...itch doesn't come close to scratch live sound

Tech Guru

won't the "scratch live" sound have alot to do with the mixer you are running it through?

Tech Convert

scratch live audio interface gives it that nice sound

Tech Guru

what controller are you using itch with? The different itch controllers run quite different soundcards. And I really wouldn't call an Sl1 a good sounding interface TBH.

Tech Guru

yeah it all depends what controller you are using. The NS7 sounds incredible. The VCI-300....it's ok.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Convert

DDJ-S1....i've used most itch controllers...i just notice when using scratch live the sound is better then itch...does anyone use something with itch to make sound warmer?

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    yeah it all depends what controller you are using. The NS7 sounds incredible. The VCI-300....it's ok.
    seconded.

dont know what youre monitoring on, havent used the ddj, but yeah it really matters on the controller. serato isnt going to build from the ground up a new time stretching algorithm... but anyways on topic -
    a lot of people swear by the bbe sonic maximizer. or theres also subtle distortion. thats often what people like when they say shit like "warm sound"...

It's all in your head. BBE Sonic maximizer is bullshit and just colors the sound. When you roll up to a club the sound is going to be compressed to bits and most likely be run in mono so I wouldn't even worry about it, and the sound tech is going to EQ the shit out of the sound before it even gets to the speakers. If anything you're probably getting a better true-reference from the DDJ S1 than from the SL1 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    The NS7 sounds incredible.
    I second that!

I think the Rane hardware makes a huge difference. I need to get my hands on a ITCH controller asap.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |