Delay Foot Pedal routed into Xone 92
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Delay Foot Pedal routed into Xone 92

how would i route this foot pedal into my setup like seen in the video?? btw i have a xone 92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-ki...eature=related

and if you were curious the foot pedal - "Boss DD-7 Digital Delay"
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

the delay pedal is most likely in mono, so in that case you would need a couple of cables to make it work as mono for two channels, the 92 has stereo, meaning 2 mono plugs, so you will need two dual mono to single mono trs connectors, then plug the out from the xone through the AUX out to the delay in, and the delay output to "RETURN" input of the xone.

If the pedal is stereo, then just get dual mono to stereo trs connections.

actually disregard that, it looks like the pedal is dual mono (stereo), so just use mono trs 1/4 inch connectors

Connectors
    INPUT-A (MONO) jack, INPUT-B jack
    OUTPUT-A (MONO) jack, OUTPUT-B jack
    TEMPO/EXP jack
    AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
    Last edited by synthet1c; 12-16-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: the image was too bloomin' big, crikey cobber
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

thanks for the feedback that method makes sense but I feel like he is using the auxiliary 1 or 2 so he has the delay on what channel he wants I was reading up on another forum linked from google and this is what one of the guys said

"You can use the aux out to connect to the Audio 8 DJ and put effects on that on Traktor and route it out to the mixer again. Now you can use the crossfader as a dry/wet control (not entirely sure if this will work or will the lag it up), you can preview the effect as it's on a separate channel and you can easily choose more than one channel to route to be effected, with the aux knobs. That's how I've hooked up mine and I plan on testing it at some point in my life when I feel like ing with the effects more. I will have to upgrade to Pro first though (79€), so I really gotta want to use those effects and other features Pro offers that the normal Scratch doesn't."

so I'm sure you can apply that to a delay pedal
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

I should say I don't actually own a 92, but on pioneer mixers, using and efx 1000 which does a similar thing, once you have recorded your echo it is coming out of the box at that stage so you can change the channel on the mixer and stop sending a signal to the effect unit and let it degrade. with the xone it looks like you have 2 effect sends for each channel at the top of the mixer, where you can also choose pre and post fader.

the manual is here pg 18 is what you want..

I wouldn't even consider traktor effects through the audio 8, if you have a powerful computer I'd wire that baby straight into ableton.

ImageShack.us

Tech Guru

thanks man once again and i definitely wont use the traktor effects just saying it definitely has to do with the aux ports

so how would i route it so i can use the delay separately on each channel?

you should just need to change the amount of send and return each channel has, but you can only use the effect one at a time as you only have 1 effect unit running through 1 effect bus, although you could do it to all four channels at the same time. also you can change the mic faders on the left so they control the return for better control of the wet signal, if you want full wet turn the return up and the channel fader down.

Actually after thinking about the possibilities for a minute, If I had a 92 i would definitely hook the effect bus's into ableton and map all the mic controls on the left to change the ableton parameters, and just use the return knobs up the top... its kind of a shame that the filter in the xone is so good, otherwise you would have a few extra knobs and buttons for triggering effects via midi...
    Last edited by synthet1c; 12-16-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Tech Guru

is this how i would set it up? i would control how much signal is going with the auxiliary knobs and then i would use the return fader as a dry/wet?

pretty much accept you would use two mono plugs for the send and 2 for the return as the delay has enough inputs for stereo... that and the return fader isn't dry/wet, it is full wet and the volume fader is full dry,

ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    is this how i would set it up? i would control how much signal is going with the auxiliary knobs and then i would use the return fader as a dry/wet?

Can someone confirm if this^^^ is exactly how I would set up a delay pedal to my Xone 92?

I currently have AUX 1 and RETURN 1 taken up because I've routed Traktor into ableton.
    So I have got the Aux 2 and return 2 slots available..

Someone let me know please, thanks!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Interested too!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast