traktor scratch pro + vestax vci-100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Question traktor scratch pro + vestax vci-100

hi guys,

sorry i am sure this has probably already been covered in a dozen other posts, but i am a complete novice at digital djing.

i've recently converted from a straight old fashioned vinyl setup to traktor scratch pro, using 2 decks with control vinyls for decks A + B and a four channel mixer.

i recently bought myself a vestax vci-100 for two scenarios:

i thought i could use it to control decks C + D when i have two turntables.

or when space is at a premium or i don't have access to turntables i could just fly the laptop and vci-100 by itself in a completely digital setup.

the problem i have is i know nothing about setting up the vci-100 for these scenarios, i understand i need a tsi file? sorry the vci-100 manual is a little vague.

also, just out of curiosity, the vci-100 has no headphone port or connection for RCA cables? how does this work?

thanks so much in advance for any feedback guys and again sorry for being such a "noob"

cheers,

evan.

There's no soundcard on the VCI100. It's just a midi controller.

You need an external, multi stereo output soundcard. Search the forums or the articles on the main page for some recommendations.

Read your Traktor manual on how to load .tsi's. There are included .tsi files for your VCI100 with TSP, or look around these forums for other people's custom tsi's.

Tech Wizard

if he has traktor scratch pro should he not already have a soundcard?

Yeah, his headphone port would be on the Audio 8 DJ, allong with all of the RCA Connections. I'm running the same setup.
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Quote Originally Posted by Si-B View Post
    if he has traktor scratch pro should he not already have a soundcard?
    Not exactly

Tech Convert

hi guys,

thanks for all the help, yeah i do have the audio 8 soundcard: feel kinda stupid for asking about that now.

nate1379 if you don't mind, are you using custom tsi's or ones that came with TSP?

CUSTOM BABY!! I have the arcade mod with firmware 1.3 and tsi 1.4
    going to change to tsi 2.1 as soon as the new overlays are available from DJTT
    Last edited by Nate1379; 03-26-2009 at 11:33 AM.
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Tech Convert

that is a seriously nice bit of kit, i love the arcade mods!

ok again sorry for my ignorance here but i'm not too clear on exactly what the firmware modification does? is it for turning a standard vci-100 into a SE? and if so what exactly does that mean? and would you recommend it?

cheers in advance,

evan.

FW Upgrade fixed some of the bugs in 1.2 and then also changed some of the functionality of some of the knobs to create better control for traktor effects
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Nate1379 View Post
    Yeah, his headphone port would be on the Audio 8 DJ, allong with all of the RCA Connections. I'm running the same setup.

Hey Nate1379, (and whoever else is running this setup). Can you toss me some info regarding it's functionality? Does scratch pro "understand" that decks A and B are controlled by the VCI-100 and that decks C and D are turntable decks? Does the 100 hook up to the Audio 8 or is it just going through the midi jack? If so how do you monitor and cue on the 100?

I'm trying to use the 100 for effects, and sampling while I use two turntables for dedicated scratching. Think this is a wise plan?

I'd appreciate any comments or advice ASAP, I'm trying to make some purchases this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast