Losing club DJ virginity
    Tech Wizard

Default Losing club DJ virginity

Hey fellow DJ's

I've been a bed room DJ since I was about 15 on Tracktor and I'm looking at moving out and taking on the club scene. I brought a 50 pack of Cd's for tunes and edits, I'm gonna go pick up a cd bag later. The biggest crowed I have played to was at a chill session to about 20 people.

I just wanted to get some advice on what to expect, I know it's going to be much louder than my logitechs, there will be a crowed wanting the more well known dj to play and lights all over the place, but what's the booth like, what should I be prepared for before during and after the set, if that is even possible?
    Long live the Noob Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Reveren Kamakaze View Post
    Hey fellow DJ's

I've been a bed room DJ since I was about 15 on Tracktor and I'm looking at moving out and taking on the club scene. I brought a 50 pack of Cd's for tunes and edits, I'm gonna go pick up a cd bag later. The biggest crowed I have played to was at a chill session to about 20 people.

I just wanted to get some advice on what to expect, I know it's going to be much louder than my logitechs, there will be a crowed wanting the more well known dj to play and lights all over the place, but what's the booth like, what should I be prepared for before during and after the set, if that is even possible?
    To be blunt, nothing beats going out to the clubs in your area and checking it out. Specially going to the clubs you want to play at and meeting with the club mgr., promoter, owners, so they get to know you. You can give em your demo CD. Check out the crowd. See what they respond to. Hear what the resident DJs are playing. Take a look at the booth.

Get out of the internet, get out and meet people that will help your career IN YOUR AREA. Get out period.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    To be blunt, nothing beats going out to the clubs in your area and checking it out. Specially going to the clubs you want to play at and meeting with the club mgr., promoter, owners, so they get to know you. You can give em your demo CD. Check out the crowd. See what they respond to. Hear what the resident DJs are playing. Take a look at the booth.

Get out of the internet, get out and meet people that will help your career IN YOUR AREA. Get out period.
    There you have it.