Korg Zero 4 (setup help needed)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Korg Zero 4 (setup help needed)

Idk what's going on with my setup but I have to admit it's making me feel a little dumb. I bought some equipment while I was recently deployed and now trying to hook it up, it's kicking my ass. I have TSP 2 running on my macbook pro, hooked up to a korg zero4 by Firewire, running out to 2 Rokit rp5's by XLR cables. no matter what settings i change in Traktor i can not get any sound out of the speakers, at this point i'd be happy if i could just play my damn music... I can get it so the levels light up for channel 1 on the Korg but no matter how high I turn the volume up, no sound... ANY help or even idiot proof checklists would be appreciated.

Tech Wizard

did you go to settings and select the device in the Audio setup?
    then you need to go to output routing and select external.
    lastly you need to select output for each channel
    Current gear PIC- Pioneer DJM-2000 2 x CDJ-2000's HDJ-2000 Rekordbox Stanton Überstand ZOMO case Powersquid Calamari Gigaware Squid hub Ableton Traktor Scratch Pro 2 MixedInKey TuneUp MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 512 GB SSD
    Gear in limbo -> Serato Video SL The Bridge Rane SL4

Tech Wizard

if yo uwant to Skype, let me know. I'll share my screen and walk you through it then have you share your screen and see what the issue is. shoot me a PM
    Current gear PIC- Pioneer DJM-2000 2 x CDJ-2000's HDJ-2000 Rekordbox Stanton Überstand ZOMO case Powersquid Calamari Gigaware Squid hub Ableton Traktor Scratch Pro 2 MixedInKey TuneUp MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 512 GB SSD
    Gear in limbo -> Serato Video SL The Bridge Rane SL4

Tech Mentor

check you cables to the KRKs
    turn up master volume
    check crossfader assignments / position of CF
    any effects running on channel 1?
    turn on the speakers
    turn up the volume on the speakers
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Have you installed the Korg Zero 4 firewire drivers etc

http://www.korg.co.uk/support/downlo...omixers_dl.php

Tech Convert

Yes I've even tried it through the setup wizard where you go through and pick your controller. When I do that it brings up the KORG Zero4 but instead of the one you can pick it shows. ZERO4 (0001) (18 In, 8 Out) (not connected) and there's a red spas through the audio emblem up top next to the CPU usage bar... But like I said the one you can pick. ZERO4 (0423) doesn't work either so I'm lost. And skygear I sent you a PM

the korg z mixers can be tricky to set up, with their combo midi/audio channels,
    if you rename the post to help with Korg z4 then hopefully someone with experience of one
    will pop in and help out.

the fact that the signal led's are lighting makes me think you have the computer side right, its just a z4 learning curve issue.

it's no sign of retardation either, keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Komplex View Post
    Idk what's going on with my setup but I have to admit it's making me feel a little dumb. I bought some equipment while I was recently deployed and now trying to hook it up, it's kicking my ass. I have TSP 2 running on my macbook pro, hooked up to a korg zero4 by Firewire, running out to 2 Rokit rp5's by XLR cables. no matter what settings i change in Traktor i can not get any sound out of the speakers, at this point i'd be happy if i could just play my damn music... I can get it so the levels light up for channel 1 on the Korg but no matter how high I turn the volume up, no sound... ANY help or even idiot proof checklists would be appreciated.
    hey, having a problem with KORG ZERO4. set it up, but just cant get the headphone cue working??? all i can get is the main output out of the heaphones...someone please help!! all i have set up is the korg connected to a macbook pro via firewire and the korg also connected to krk monitors. main output is fine but HEADPHONE CUE is messed. cheers

There's some info in here that might help: http://skratchworx.com/reviews/zero4.php

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

please check the channel- and crossfader invert switches on the front of your mixer, they often get switched without you noticing... make sure when you try it out you have all your channels switched to "audio" and all your fx is off. if you think the problem is in traktor, i'ts probably not, because you can get audio running through channel one. You just have to find out whats keeping the signal from reaching the master out... For the rest refer to Ashigari's post, that's on the cable/harware side of things... Good luck!
    Btw, have you found some rackmounts for the zero4? I've been looking for them for a loooong time..
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast