Dead Bar Help!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Bar Help!!

Tech Convert

Default Dead Bar Help!!

So I work at a bar on the weekends.. I play top 40 remix music normally as we get a crowd from the popular club next door which we are no where near as nice. the bartenders are old the lighting sucks. I have tried everything and I am running out of ideas. everyone says that it is not me its the bar and bartenders. just wondering if anyone has any last ditch ideas to get people in here. I really want to make this place work as I like the enviroment. their idea of promotion is flyers on the window. I have thought about taking flyers to local colleges that is the only thing I can think of.

The local bars where I live always have an ad in the paper with the bands/djs playing that week.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Convert

they may be to cheap to do that... do you think its something I should do to promote myself?!

Tech Mentor

get a job at the popular club next door?

Tech Convert

touche!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Allensmusic View Post
    get a job at the popular club next door?
    This.

If a bar isn't even willing to spend ANY money promoting properly, how can you expect people to come? Especially when you said it yourself, the staff is lame, the bar next door looks better....

I'd say cut and run!
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

Tech Convert

They cut me tonight, after about 4 months. they are going to live bands cause they bring in more. they did this to me before... Time to move on!

Yeah, sounds like this was a "not-so-good" place, try hitting up that club and see what happens
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Dj naked
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by liljustin View Post
    They cut me tonight, after about 4 months. they are going to live bands cause they bring in more. they did this to me before... Time to move on!
    Do you live in the MidWest? Moved from that area to Denver due to the same type of business attitude.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, Audio Kontrol 1, iPad running TouchOSC, Maschine, Macbook Pro.

Using Traktor since it was "Traktor DJ Studio 2"

pleasurewavemusic.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast