mixtrack pro not working at all w/ traktor
    Tech Convert

Default mixtrack pro not working at all w/ traktor

hello - first post, hope someone can help. i have a mixtrack pro with traktor pro 2, macbook pro.

everything has always worked fine in the 6 months since i got the mixtrack, but all of a sudden, none of the controls on the mixtrack have any effect. when i plug it in, the lights come on, none of the controls do anything at all.

i've had a look through all of the preferences etc, and i've used the setup wizard to set it up again, but nothing has worked at all, it's been like this for a couple of weeks.

am i missing something obvious? is there some kind of reset/ remapping i could do, or does it maybe sound like the hardware has just broken?

any help would be very much appreciated. i have a new years eve party coming up and i need to get it sorted before then!
    cheers
    alex

Troubleshooting steps:

Is the controller sending midi?

If it were windows, I'd suggest using Midi-ox to view the midi output that the controller is/isn't spewing out. Searched for a program like midi-ox for the mac and found midi monitor at http://xmidi.com/apps.html - dunno how well it works.

If you are not getting any midi output, then check drivers (if it has any), reinstall etc.

If you are getting midi output from your controller, then it must be a traktor setup issue:

Does your traktor midi light (labelled CTRL - right at the top) when you fiddle with the controller?

Yes: Something isn't mapped right! Check your mapping in the mapping window. Select your mapping scheme from the drop-down box in the device mapping option in preferences and check (does your mapping scheme have your device selected in the in and out boxes?). If this doesn't work, then create a new map "Default midi device", choose your controller for the in and out ports, and create a simple mapping - map play for deck a to a button on the controller and see if this works.

No: Set your midi in and out in the device mapping window in preferences to your controller (NOTE: make sure that the correct mapping scheme is showing first (select from dropdown))

Actually, you are probably better off checking to see if the CTRL light comes on before you get involved with midi monitor. You should have enough here to get started. Report back if still having issues.

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

Tech Convert

Default thanks!

nice one, will give it a try and let you know how i get on!
    alex

Tech Convert

Default ok, so there is no midi signal being received...

so i've gone to the device mapping bit in preferences, and selected mixtrack pro from the drop down. when you say "Set your midi in and out in the device mapping window in preferences to your controller", what exactly do you mean? the in-port and out-port boxes are set to all ports.

there are options to 'add in' and 'add out' - do i need to do something with them?

please see attached screen shots for the relevant preferences window - have taken the top and bottom bits and not included the middle bit called 'assignment table' due to file size reasons.

hope you can help?! cheers
    alex

Tech Convert

Default can anyone look at the screenshots i attached and help? please?!

see screen shots in previous post on this thread - thanks.

Sorry for delay - boozy christmas!

The 'All Ports' setting should work, but it's better practice to specifically select the Mixtrack in the 'in' and 'out' boxes.... that way if you get another controller, messages for one aren't going to be sent to the other.

If you don't have the Mixtrack in the dropboxes of the In Port and Out Port, then your Mac isn't detecting the unit - check your install (don't know if the mixtrack has one). NOTE: The mixtrack may just be called something like 'USB Midi', just to confuse the issue!

The blank boxes (from the 2nd screenshot) - do they still appear blank if you click on an entry in the mapping window (e.g. Play/Pause that I can just see at the bottom of the first screenshot)??

If they do still appear blank.. hmm... let me know.

If they don't, then click on learn and press any button (except play) on the mixtrack (you can re-map it back to play later on). If the entry changes, then it's all installed correctly, and hmm.. you'll have to let me know!

See how you get on again, and we'll go from there. Thx for the screenshots... helps greatly.

Good luck.

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

Tech Student

Hello,

I have excatly the same problem, But for me it worked the first time i used my mictrack pro, but when i disconnected it and was going to use it later, it didn't work. The time it worked i used VDJ, but it wont work in traktor either.

Tech Student

Default I found the fix!

here's how to fix it! http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...yWord=&Hilite=

after u have done that simply reconnect the mixer, and it should be working!

Tech Convert

Default thanks all..

cheers to all of the above. the link you posted is for windows rather than mac os x so wasn't able to use it. before i got these replies i took it to my local dj shop and they tested it with traktor and virtual dj and didn't receive any signal, so they're pretty sure it's a hardware error.. as it's still under warranty it's gone back to numark so hopefully they'll fix it.

anyway, thanks again for taking the time to help. all the best. alex.