DJ Companies Ripping People Off - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I hate them Christmas jumpers!! I've got pictures of me when I was 3 years old in simar patterned knit wear!! It wasn't cool in the 80's and I refuse to let it be cool now!!!

@Tomflynn (On a more serious note) I've found the discussion in this thread really interesting. More of this level of debate is needed IMO!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    So what else are you wrong about?
    You, are a bad man..!

I actually think that Tom made a good point but made it badly.
    Companies do flood the market with crap and similar crap to each other that teases money out of people. Usually kids or parents buying stuff for kids that they haven't researched (which is why I defend Eans video aimed at parents).

The thing is, no-one is being ripped off they are just being easily lead by good marketing... Buts that's the modern age of consumerism in effect.

I was easily lead once... But a course of antibiotics and some cream cleared it up.

[parp]

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Usually parents buying stuff for kids that they haven't researched (which is why I defend Eans video aimed at parents).
    this reminds me of a present my dad gave me to my 25th birthday.
    he handed me a really shitty trance compilation saying "here son, i hope this cd will help you become a better dj." my answer was: "thanks dad, it´ll help me indeed, cause i wont ever play that stuff !"
    he smiled after realizing that he got me something strange. he gave me the receipt for the cd and i replaced it
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I get the s4 when it was SUPER overpriced here in mexico and im not crying tom c'mon

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I agree that it's more stable and in that respect, it can last a long time...But in terms of industry longevity it's disappearing.

The electronics industry is already showing the signs. People use MP3 players, not CD players. People are purchasing music from iTunes instead of buying CD's. If people aren't buying music on CD's any more, then CD-R's will also cease to exist.

Vinyl has managed to stick around for a long time as a nostalgic consumer product. But in terms of DJ'ing, this year we finally saw the end of the Technic 1200...So what's left? The fact that Tech 12's were the industry standard for what, like 30 years but is now gone is a pretty good indication of where the DJ industry is going...Who is still manufacturing turntables? After a while you're going to have to search for parts for your tech 12 in electronic surplus stores.

Regardless, CDJ's and Vinyl don't have as much staying power as digital DJ'ing. Those mediums are already on their way out the door and digital DJ'ing hasen't even reached maturity yet.
    the end of the 1200? *checks his setup* Yeah, mine still work. Are they supposed to have died?

FWIW, I think it's fast approaching the point where not a single fuck is given about what "medium" the selector uses to play other people's music. I also think it's fast approaching the point where the selector is regarded as some kind of god.

Both of these things are good, IMO
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    I get the s4 when it was SUPER overpriced here in mexico and im not crying tom c'mon
    similar story here, got the first unit to the country for U$s1670 2 weeks before customs cleared the big shipment. It retailed at U$s1800 at the time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456