Ableton help please. Dealing with Warping
    Tech Student

Default Ableton help please. Dealing with Warping

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie with ableton and I'm having trouble finding a solution to my problem online, so I was hoping someone here could help. I'm getting desperate

I was working in ableton adding midi stuff and drums to my friend's song. He sent me an mp3 and I dragged it into ableton. But whenever I do do that, ableton seems to warp it and slows the speed down. I usually just turn warp off, but this time I forgot to and recorded almost 30 tracks to the warped track.

But then I realized the track with the mp3 was warped and the song was a minute longer than it should be. also it had clipping that isn't there on the original mp3

So I was wondering, if i turn the warp off of the track with the mp3, how can I sync the speed of all the other tracks to the now-quickened mp3? I really would love if there was some way I could do that to every track simultaneously rather than one by one, because it really is a LOT of tracks

thank you so much for anyone who can help me or point me in the right direction

-Aron

Default Ableton help please. Dealing with Warping

Just change the master tempo in the upper left to your desired speed...

Tech Mentor

You can do as Frank suggest, or you can go to the bottom of the arrangement view, click on "Master", Click on "mixer", click on "song tempo" and change the tempo of the song there. It works the same way as adjusting the volume markers. Just add dots and drag them up or down anywhere you want to change the tempo of the mix.

Tech Student

Cool, but just to clarify, both of those methods will allow me to change the tempo of specific tracks (and collections of specific tracks), and not just the entire song/all the tracks at once?

Because i need to leave one track the same tempo as it is now - the track that has my friend's original song on it
    Last edited by aronf13; 12-19-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aronf13 View Post
    Cool, but just to clarify, both of those methods will allow me to change the tempo of specific tracks (and collections of specific tracks), and not just the entire song/all the tracks at once?

Because i need to leave one track the same tempo as it is now - the track that has my friend's original song on it
    then double click that track, and hit the "warp" button to turn warp off. It will keep the BPM of his track the same even when you change the master tempo in ableton.