VCI-400 and SSL

Thread: VCI-400 and SSL

Tech Convert

Default VCI-400 and SSL

Simple question, is it be possible to map to vestax VCI-400 to SLL, or is it designed specifically to go with itc/intro etc.?

Don't believe that any controller is able to be officially mapped to SSL, at least giving control over jogwheels. Although I know a lot of people wish it, it's just not something I believe is on the master plan for SSL. It would have to be itch/intro.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

Bassline....the Denon MC6000 or whatever it is called -- the guys on the SSL forum were able to do it, also the Jogs on the S4 were also mapped well -- but the S4 is not a mixer so no dice on it actually working with SSL.

The trick is it has to also serve as a stand alone mixer, and the jogs have to be compatible (may require some writing in terminal). I think they tried on the NS6 with no luck. I haven't heard of anyone trying on the VCI-400. For all the head aches and little you get back, I'd rather just have a used VCI-300 for a couple hundred bucks and rock Itch. Much easier solution.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Bassline....the Denon MC6000 or whatever it is called -- the guys on the SSL forum were able to do it, also the Jogs on the S4 were also mapped well -- but the S4 is not a mixer so no dice on it actually working with SSL.

The trick is it has to also serve as a stand alone mixer, and the jogs have to be compatible (may require some writing in terminal). I think they tried on the NS6 with no luck. I haven't heard of anyone trying on the VCI-400. For all the head aches and little you get back, I'd rather just have a used VCI-300 for a couple hundred bucks and rock Itch. Much easier solution.
    That's exactly what I'm saying though. It may be able to be done, but it's not something that's officially supported by Serato itself. They like keeping SSL for DVS, and have their seperate program (ITCH/Intro) for control over controllers.

It may be somewhat elitist at this point, but SSL keeps a lot of people happy. And it's one of those things that still has some solid legitimacy in clubs for that very reason. I know a lot of guys up in this area are switching over to traktor for whatever reason, but there will always be the anti-digital crowd. And Serato is alright in their book still.

But as you said, it's a lot of work for not that much payout. If you want SSL, just stick with CDJ's/vinyl. I don't see the point of needing a controller with it because honestly, most clubs have either CDJ's or TT's that you can use.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Convert

I guess my next question is, is it possible to map an external controller to intro (e.g. midi-fighter/midi-fighter pro) to control FX/cue points/roll loops etc.? Or is there the same 1-1 relationship as with itch? I'm currently using itch with vestax vci-300 with VFX1 but i'd like to move to software with more flexibility.

No maping in Intro...
    But, in SSL, you can map everything except the platters...
    Last edited by warpnote; 01-16-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7