Traktor Pro> Apple t.v. or itunes stream? Is it feasible.

Default Traktor Pro> Apple t.v. or itunes stream? Is it feasible.

I have my little bedroom VCI-100/macbook get-up set up at the desk, and it's a pain in the ass to run my Audio 2 dj to my nicer sound set up that's hooked up to the t.v. entertainment center (long wire stretch). Just got apple t.v. and I can stream music from itunes to the t.v. system. Anyone know if there is a way to route the Traktor output somehow so I could channel it to apple t.v? Did some internet searches and mine seems like a new situation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tech Mentor

I just got Apple TV as well, and am wondering this too, soooooo

THREAD RESURRECTION!!!!

Anyone done this and had success? I'm trying to figure it out now but nothing so far.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

I have not tested this but try to use Jack or Soundflower to route from Traktor to iTunes - this has a little bit more info:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Tech Mentor

I downloaded both. I don't think Soundflower is gonna do it, but I downloaded Jack and it seems like a pretty serious program. Both however don't seem to support speakers over a network. I can route audio any which way inside my computer, but it seems like I can't recognize the Apple TV. I'll take more time noodling with it and hopefully provide an update.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Student

I tried doing this once with Airfoil. It works, but there is a 2 second delay, which is apparently unavoidable as its hardcoded into the AirPlay API's that Apple TV uses.

Quote Originally Posted by woodjosiah View Post
    I tried doing this once with Airfoil. It works, but there is a 2 second delay, which is apparently unavoidable as its hardcoded into the AirPlay API's that Apple TV uses.
    Same here.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Student

OS X Mountain Lion (released today) adds AirPlay as an audio output option in System Preferences, and there isn't nearly as much delay as the Airfoil app I mentioned earlier. For me, the delay is under .5 seconds, which while far from perfect, was somewhat useable in my tests. Obviously it won't be great for every scenario but if you're just messing around with Traktor in your living room or bedroom, I'd say its a viable option now.