Optional USB drive FOr DJs?
    Tech Wizard

Default Optional USB drive FOr DJs?

One of the sound techs at church showed me a USB drive I have never seen. I think as a DJ it is better than external harddrives or other usb drive mainly because of it's size. What do you think? check out the link

http://www.patriotmemory.com/product...d=1082&type=11

huh? 32 GB drives aren't new...External hard drives are way bigger and cost less per gigabyte. Having an external hard drive is good because you can back your entire computer up, even create bootable images of your computer.

Tech Wizard

Default Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    huh? 32 GB drives aren't new...External hard drives are way bigger and cost less per gigabyte. Having an external hard drive is good because you can back your entire computer up, even create bootable images of your computer.
    To clarify my thoughts, I was referring to the use of the usb to mix sets instead of lugging an external HD around. You won't have the wires to worry about. In reference to other usb drives this version is the smallest I've seen compared to others (1.5 inches) so it plugs in and disappears. it has enough gigs to hold enough songs for a normal set. External HD stil have their use just not in the gig bag.

Quote Originally Posted by chefmix View Post
    To clarify my thoughts, I was referring to the use of the usb to mix sets instead of lugging an external HD around. You won't have the wires to worry about. In reference to other usb drives this version is the smallest I've seen compared to others (1.5 inches) so it plugs in and disappears. it has enough gigs to hold enough songs for a normal set. External HD stil have their use just not in the gig bag.
    I prefer not to use anything "external".

It's more stable if it's inside your computer. I've had problems with external hard drives disconnecting (despite being plugged in), so I can't see that problem being different with a flash drive.

When you say it's "better" it's a bit arbitrary. I use iTunes to organize all 90GB's of my music in one place. For me using a flash drive for a portion of mu music library is far less than ideal.

It may be smaller than any thumb drive you've seen, but I don't think anyone is too concerned about the size of a thumb drive, since I've never seen one that I would say was too big...They are called thumb drives after all.