Filthsky's Setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Filthsky's Setup

Hello everyone.

Been browsing for a few days and decided to sign up. Everyone seems friendly!

Anyway, I'm more or less looking for advice on where I should go with my setup. The picture here is a temporary setup just so that I could get everything connected, but I'd like to go as far as I can as far as connectivity and gadgets go.

As you can see, it's a bit slap-dash. I threw it together yesterday when I picked up my mixer.

I guess I'm looking to find out how I can take this further. I plan to have my layout similar to Liambo's but I need to figure out what amp/monitors to buy. I've seen a lot of KRKs and like the look of them. Are they widely recommended?

Anything's better than my hairdryer woofer.

Amp-wise, I don't plan on blasting beats throughout the town but I'd like one that's compact and more than capable.

Anyway, hope to stick around here for a while. Can't hurt to have another scotsman right?
    Last edited by Jester; 12-23-2011 at 04:36 AM.

If you get the KRK's they have amp's in them mate

They sound nice for home use - don't have them myself but heard plenty
    SC | MC

That sounds great!

Any model I should look at in particular? I'm not looking for anything crazy (I live in a flat), just something to provide good bass. I mostly have interest in dubstep and electro, so something suiting those would be ideal.

Actually in the market for a pair of headphones too. Since I'm a Pioneer freak, I thought about the HD1000s. Are they worth the money? The Panasonic ones I have at the moment are pretty shocking. Sounds and feels like two plastic cups strapped to my head.

Probably the KRK RP6's will be fine for a flat

Most people advise getting the 8's but best advice is go have a listen if you can

6 = 6" woofer
    8 = 8" woofer

Never owned Pioner headphones, but lots on here say they break easy

For around the same money you can get Sennheiser HD25's or AIAIAI TMA-1's which have a good rep..
    SC | MC

I think I'll locate a pair of 6's then. I really like the look of them too. They seem to make a setup look that little bit more stylish (not important mind you).

I'm a Sennheiser fan too, got some nice buds for the iPhone and have great quality. I just haven't seen too many people boasting them in their setup.

Thanks for the top info.

Tech Guru

If your a fan of pioneer then go with the HDJ2000's....highly reccommended by many and on par with sennheiser....coming from an hd-25 ii owner

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Never owned Pioner headphones, but lots on here say they break easy

For around the same money you can get Sennheiser HD25's or AIAIAI TMA-1's which have a good rep..
    This is spot-on. I won't buy any more Pioneer headphones due to durability issues (same goes for Sony headphones). On the other hand, Sennheiser and AIAIAI get my recommendation.

As much as id love to criticise pioneer, the HDJ-2k's are pretty much indestructible. I'd still recommend the hd-25's tho

Tech Mentor

I have the HDJ1000's and as long as you take good care of them they wont break, but they are a little more flimsy than the 2000's, if you have the extra money, go for it, they're great headphones!

Guess this is a case of wether I want to risk breaking expensive equipment or going for ones I hadn't planned on buying.

I'm at work right now, anyone know a rough UK price for the 2000's?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast