What I would like to see in Pioneer's next CDJ
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What I would like to see in Pioneer's next CDJ

Integrated Timecode

...plug turntable RCAs into back of CDJ and control whatever is playing on it

goodbye traktor/serato
    goodbye laptop
    goodbye waiting for "scratch certification"

hello vinyl feel
    hello simplicity

wait, so instead of needing 1 laptop & 2 TTs, you would need 2 CDJs and 2 TTs?
    Last edited by Nick Bike; 12-20-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    2013 Vancouver Red Bull Thre3style champ

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | INSTAGRAM

What I would like to see in Pioneer's next CDJ
    realistic price tags

@ Nick

Definitely. Since CDJs are and will remain the club standard, this would mean a standardized DVS system. You can still show up with your USB stick or CD book but now have option for DVS with no extra hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    @ Nick

Definitely. Since CDJs are and will remain the club standard, this would mean a standardized DVS system. You can still show up with your USB stick or CD book but now have option for DVS with no extra hassle.
    i guess. i personally don't like scrolling through tracks on a small CDJ screen, but whatever floats your boat.
    2013 Vancouver Red Bull Thre3style champ

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | INSTAGRAM

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I would like to see them take the CD out of the CDJ.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    Integrated Timecode

...plug turntable RCAs into back of CDJ and control whatever is playing on it

goodbye traktor/serato
    goodbye laptop
    goodbye waiting for "scratch certification"

hello vinyl feel
    hello simplicity
    wouldn't it be easier to hope for such a turntable? as in usb slot on the TT and maybe an additional screen (allow for an ipad to be plugged in)
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Default What I would like to see in Pioneer's next CDJ

They have this - its called the numark ttx.

Frank, you meant CDX…and no they don't. It looks like that's what it is in pictures online, but IRL the thing is either a joke or a troll. I'm not convinced Numark ever actually thought it was going to sell.

Seriously…it's a piece of crap.

What I want to see on the next generation of CDJs…

huge cover art display and browser. Like…make it have a 10" platter (ish) with the center 5" being a spinning cover art display instead of that stupid LED wheel thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    wouldn't it be easier to hope for such a turntable? as in usb slot on the TT and maybe an additional screen (allow for an ipad to be plugged in)
    I really like that idea. A turntable that would play regular vinyl if you put it on or time-code records, plus a connection between TTs (preferably in a way that they can be daisy chained instead of requiring a hub) and integration with an iPad app that uses something like the iPad version of the iTunes cover art browser.

I'd buy 3. Quickly. Integrate it with something like Rekordbox instead of just a dumb file browser and also give it midi in/out/thru with buttons to start/stop a midi clock based on the beat-gridded audio…plus something that's basically like a dicer (or the buttons on the Vestax Controller One) and you've got a damn good modern take on the turntable.

CDJ-2000 style player with an option for zoomed in waveforms. An ability to select a master deck and then have a phase meter on each player that would work through ethernet.

Not that I'm into pioneer mixers, but to go along with it the next DJM-2000 style mixer would have a center LCD screen angled at the top that could show vertical or horizontal scrolling SSL style waveforms for each player through ethernet, you could have a larger file browser and cover art browser and load tracks through the mixer, and could do a lot of the rekordbox stuff right on the mixer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast