Working on a VDJ Mapper for the midifighter - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

Pretty sure there is an upgrade from le to pro for $149. I know its cheaper then full version but don't remember exact price.

thats only with some controllers like the mixtrack pro, the mp3e2 gets between about $30-$50 discount i think.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

Ok here we go. First I set it up on the demo of traktor. LOVE IT> Its a great tool. will be a lot of fun. The 30min thing is killing me, so I may be purchasing full soon.
    Then I set up everything with VDJ.
    I new it was not the same, but really its not much more effective then my VMS4 with out the effects you get in traktor.
    Cue row, effect row and the shift row all worked fine. The deck selection row how ever did not work for me. That may have something to do with my VMS4 and Keyboard short cuts because it majorly effected my VMS4 mapping. My left deck now controlls deck 2 on the left and right deck runs deck 3 thats on low left. some of my keyboard short cuts are not responding or moved a bit. But I think with a little key learning in VDJ map setting and I can get it set up. But on first attempt I feel in VDJ this will be little more then a few extra buttons were in traktor it really makes you more involved in "MAKING" the music. It just three 30min sets I was loving were it was going in traktor.

I do understand your limited by the what effects Virtual DJ has to offer. Im gonna start going through and testing some of the effects one by one and see what I can find that I like and see what I can do. please keep me informed as you up date what your have. Im still looking forward to the one you post on VDJ. Let me know if you have anything specific you want to try as Im still willing to help.

I'm just writing up a quick 4 bank mapping, but it's getting larger by the minute cause I keep having good ideas LOL. I'll open a new thread with it in a minute. you might be the first to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I'm just writing up a quick 4 bank mapping, but it's getting larger by the minute cause I keep having good ideas LOL. I'll open a new thread with it in a minute. you might be the first to test it.
    when the deck's playing the play button double's up as a 2nd shift for effect functions? cunning...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

yeah I couldn't think on anywhere else to put it, as that was the only unshifted button I had available and Im saving the shifted loop button to change the effects to a beatmasher when it is possible, If you can think of a better place I can change it around, although maybe it would be better under the cue button as when you are browsing the track is uaually stopped, just posted the mapping

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=47279
    Last edited by synthet1c; 02-23-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Tech Wizard

PS.. When I disconect the MF my maps go back to normal with my VMS4. But Ill try the new map tonight and see what happens

Not sure how to get the deck selection to work independantly of the "active deck" that you are listening to in the pfl...

it is mapped as "deck # assign_controller 'midifighter classic' 1"

not sure why it isn't working, but the reason i did the 4bank one today is I haven't received a reply to my thread on the vdj forum asking how to write it properly... When they reply I will finish the 1 bank mapping which has more features than the 4 bank I just posted....the four bank is still pretty fun though...

In regard to the vdj effects get anything from duen duen's new collection, the "beatslicer" "ramp delay" and "efx1000 delay" are my new favorites & I also figured out how to get a 3/4 roll from "looproll" which is perfectly coded, they will be included in the full mapping

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123