Starting a night
    Tech Convert

Default Starting a night

I live in the jersey shore area (Inb4 fist pump) I'm trying to start a more underground sound night electro/dubstep/dnb/moombahton I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, I currently have a night booked and me and 3 other djs will be tearing it up. But is there anything at a show like this that would be awesome to add. I want to bring that new york underground feel and london warehouse rave feeling to an area devoid of anything like this. The closest place to my house is webster hall an it is over a 2 hour drive so I want to bring a little of that to me. Any one with any suggestions please help!

Honestly, will playing electro/dubstep/dnb/moombahton bring an underground crowd? Id say no but im in the UK.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Honestly, will playing electro/dubstep/dnb/moombahton bring an underground crowd? Id say no but im in the UK.
    Here in america, Were about 5 years behind you soooo. Yes this is underground to us. I just want to create an environment where it's not all mainstream top 40 radio bs, Ya know? I've been listening to dubstep for the past 6 years when it wasn't about screaming basslines and this intense drop, But dancing in a club on a thumping system that bass is insane. So I want to bring it to us.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If your underground night becomes popular and successful is it still an underground night?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If your underground night becomes popular and successful is it still an underground night?
    I'm not a hipster, I'd love it to be a popular night. In the end I want to dj tunes I like and hopefully other people like. I just want to create a place where I can escape the top 40 crowd. I've worked at a banquet hall for the past 2 and a half years so you can imagine that I don't want to hear it when I go out. Everyone is afraid to just start something new around here so I'm going to try to do it. With how big dubstep and electro, and how many times I've seen places like webster hall and events like dayglow sell out. It's likely that this type of thing is waiting to explode in my area.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TylerVulgar View Post
    I'm not a hipster, I'd love it to be a popular night. In the end I want to dj tunes I like and hopefully other people like. I just want to create a place where I can escape the top 40 crowd. I've worked at a banquet hall for the past 2 and a half years so you can imagine that I don't want to hear it when I go out. Everyone is afraid to just start something new around here so I'm going to try to do it. With how big dubstep and electro, and how many times I've seen places like webster hall and events like dayglow sell out. It's likely that this type of thing is waiting to explode in my area.
    All valid points, good luck.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x