Steve Fracesco / Deevey's live setup :)
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Steve Fracesco / Deevey's live setup :)

Sure why not

Nothing too major going on really, 2xAudio routed into 2 channels on the mixer, - one for output, one for cue... the CDJ's and Mixers have always been hired in or the house system's.

The APC40 + Ableton handles pretty much everything for me. I don't really use the CDJ's too much these days, but occasionally like to keep my skills sharp should the unthinkable happen so do tend to switch between the two platforms every so often when I get the urge, CDJ's have been provided every gig anyhow so why not play a lil'

Video of my setup 4 years ago below with my KDJ500 (which was awesome!) Numark mixer, Fastrack pro ... the Asus 900 was really just proof of concept at the time.

[youtube]rfSQrNINndE[/youtube]
    Last edited by deevey; 12-20-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Tech Wizard

wow! that's nice set up bro! I like it!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Cheers mate,

Just gonna add in some history of setups I used to have

1st: Home built MDF coffin + 2 gerrard Belt drives and "Phonic" mixer .. the thing didn't even have any more than a 3 channel master EQ... I outgrew that setup pretty fast, but it was a learning experience. Hell it got me on a slippery slope and I was 15

I bought 2 x Ariston CD players with pitch control after that thinking that it would be the better option over turntables, they actually were pretty solid units but not real "DJ" gear, I quickly decided they weren't for me and sold them.

I ended up playing out and didn't have turntables or any real gear at home for the next 3 years believe it or not, i just used the house equipment and practiced on the club system..I got the bug to have something at home though and landed in short succession:

2 x Gemini PT1000's + Ecler SMAC:32 sold after about 3 months
    Upgraded to 2 x gemini PT2000's + Ecler SMAC:32

I got about 6 months out of the 2000's when I got a regular spot in a club that didn't have turntables. So I splashed out on a pair of the very first Vestax PDX-A2's, they sat pretty well in a coffin case and I sure got some looks! I was using them regularly for about 2-3 years before I stepped out of DJ'ing for a while to peruse other things and they were sold. A shame really as I loved using them.

The next setup I got was a *gasp* Hercules DJ controller, the first edition with Traktor. While it was realistically a pretty shitty controller BUT it was the first commercial all-in-one controller at the time (around 2003/4 I think) hell it even had phono inputs!!

I outgrew that pretty sharpish, but it got me into mapping and controllers in general. The club I was working at had Numark-CDX's and technics, so it was more of a hobby horse and setting me out with new ways to play.

Next up was the KDJ-500 + Fastrack Pro, I added the Numark mixer to allow me to control traktor externally and utilize the knobs and faders better on the KDJ, kinda bummed that I sold it as it was built like a tank and super smooth jogs. Not touch sensitive, but loverly to use.

I knew i was going to go abroad so landed a hercules RMX so I could throw it in my carryon. Once again it was a cool lil controller, built like a tank and all-in-one which was exactly what I wanted at the time. It served me well for almost 3 years with a Nanokontrol for my FX bank in traktor. I added a BCR but never really got any use from it, too bulky for my needs TBH regardless of being able to do lots, I like having everything "at hand" and relative when possible to whats on screen, the build quality never felt like I could throw it around the same way as the RMX, which felt as good as many DJ mixers I've used in the past.

Sooo onto 2010 and I sold everything and got an APC40 + Numark DJIO and started using Ableton for Live DJing. Happy days

Recently since a Lion upgrade I sold the IO and looking for a new Soundcard ....Well thats it :P (for now)