Need Help!!!

Thread: Need Help!!!

Exclamation Need Help!!!

I have a show this up coming friday. & the guy im opening up for uses Serato. I'm using Mixxx, & was wondering if I could use his serato box as an audio interface. I really dont want to use my headphone jack. & if it is compatible with other programs, is it plug & play?

It depends.

Honestly, why don't you just download Serato? If you're using time-code (and have Serato Timecode to use, either CD or Vinyl) it's free. You only get use out of one deck unless you have the interface attached, but it's one of the great things about the program.

Otherwise I believe that the SL3 and the SL4 (maybe the SL2 but I'm not sure) have core-audio drivers that can make them work with other things. But it's something I'd test before trying.

But honestly, I'd suggest downloading Serato and checking it out anyhow. That's the option I know a lot of people around here do, just because it's so simple.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyCruz View Post
    I have a show this up coming friday. & the guy im opening up for uses Serato. I'm using Mixxx, & was wondering if I could use his serato box as an audio interface. I really dont want to use my headphone jack. & if it is compatible with other programs, is it plug & play?
    Are you using a Mac?

I have used the SL3 interface as a soundcard with Virtual DJ (even with the timecodes), Traktor and iTunes.

You might need a firmware update though for the Core Audio drivers.

At the same time can you borrow one from your mate or a shop? try to configure it so @ least you ll know what you are doing once you get to your gig