Szyslaks Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Szyslaks Setup

Tech Convert

Default Szyslaks Setup

Been through a couple of sets of gear but after playing around with different stuff this is what I have settled on. 2x Pioneer CDJ400s, A&H Xone:22 mixer, Traktor Kontrol x1 and Audio 8, HP Elitebook laptop, 2x Microlab monitors. With a projector setup to visualize what is being mixed. If you wanna know more just ask
    Attachment 6949

Attachment 6950

Attachment 6951

Attachment 6952

Tech Mentor

That projector setup looks sweet man! What are you using to do that?

Tech Convert

Default Projector

Thanks for the question dude, it took me ages to actually come up with a decent visualization setup. This is what I've done: I have downloaded and am using an app (actually a screensaver) called Geiss (http://www.geisswerks.com/geiss/). It's very simple to use, under the options you can select your monitor output, all sorts of options for visuals, and your sound input. I have my channel C input on my audio 8 setup for recording in Traktor, so I set that as the default recording device in windows also. You can also do this with winamp. when you go to open a file, set the input to ://linein. I just found this screensaver was easier as you can run both Traktor and the screensaver at full screen and they don't mess with each other. If you need to know more just ask

There is another plugin for winamp called milkdrop, does neat stuff.

Tech Convert

Default Projector

Yeah that works just as well. The main reason I use that screensaver is because it runs fullscreen and doesn't mess with traktor... whereas trying to get winamp to run milkdrop full screen on one monitor and traktor full screen on the other is impossible (at least I found it to be, if anyone else has done this please tell me how!)

As far as I can remember in Milkdrop's fullscreen options you select the specific monitor, no?
    92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic

Tech Convert

Default Projector

I've tried to find it with milkdrop and can't seem to, if you know where to find it please fell free to prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak View Post
    Yeah that works just as well. The main reason I use that screensaver is because it runs fullscreen and doesn't mess with traktor... whereas trying to get winamp to run milkdrop full screen on one monitor and traktor full screen on the other is impossible (at least I found it to be, if anyone else has done this please tell me how!)
    I use a dedicated laptop just to run winamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak View Post
    I've tried to find it with milkdrop and can't seem to, if you know where to find it please fell free to prove me wrong
    Check attachment
    92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic

Tech Convert

Can't believe I've never found that before. Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast