Dubstep at the beginning of the night?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dubstep at the beginning of the night?

obviously not heavy but like Collect call- adventure club remix type stuff? lol

Depends, innit
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

seen it done with really more dub type sounds, heavy reggae, smokin type beats.

personally i found it painfully boring.
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

I see dubstep as a rather blatant, dark kind of music. Something I wouldn't play at the beginning of the night, where you'd rather give the crowd something cheerful and exhilarating to make them dance.

we started using it to change things up in a set. drop a random dubstep tune in right where the folks dont expect it for maximum effect
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    we started using it to change things up in a set. drop a random dubstep tune in right where the folks dont expect it for maximum effect
    100%!

I usually play at 3am at the outdoor festivals while its raging, but in Jan I am playing much earlier. So I have been working on a set that is half dubstep.

It will be on a monster TurboSound rig....so I can;t WAIT to drop that bass!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

You wanna be rolling with the deep stuff from the likes of synkro and phaleah at the beginning of the night. Future garage kinda beats, chillout, smokin stuff, then progress a bit more into dubstep territory with some joker or 501.

It really depends what the dj after you is playing. But if someone dropped skrillex @ 9pm, they should be banned from the decks.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    You wanna be rolling with the deep stuff from the likes of synkro and phaleah at the beginning of the night. Future garage kinda beats, chillout, smokin stuff, then progress a bit more into dubstep territory with some joker or 501.

It really depends what the dj after you is playing. But if someone dropped skrillex @ 9pm, they should be banned from the decks.
    Depends on the whole party I rate.

I can tell you that come 12am at this party I am playing at, it will be MAD 148 - 155 BPM Psytrance.

So I recon some badass Dubstep will get the crowd in the mood for sure!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Totally depends. Ive seen 'brostep' warm up a rave before and it still worked with the night. but usually, just keep it chilled. And there's a lot of chilled dubstep out there

I have a warmup Dubstep "crate" in Traktor, so I'd definitely say it works. There's a lot of chilled, groovy kid of dub/reggae inspired dubstep out there that (IMO) would work wonders for a warmup set.
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast