Decision help, Traktor s4 or vms4
    Tech Convert

Default Decision help, Traktor s4 or vms4

Hello everyone, Im new to this forum.
    Please dont spare any hate if this question has been asked before

I want to get into digiral DJing, Ive been playing with Traktor 2 Pro and I really like its capabilities. I am curently searching for a decent controller to use with traktor.
    Im in the 500$ range and ofcourse I would like 4 decks so I dont have to go through the fuss of upgrading it later. So I settled on two choices: American Audio VMS4 that I can get new from ebay for 400$ or a local guy on craigslist is selling a traktor s4 with case for 600$, he said he used it for 15 minutes, but I am little skeptical that something might be wrong with it.

I did research and S4 just owns the vms4, but I like how it looks, plus I already have a copy of traktor pro 2, although the mapping might suck a little for the vms4.

I understand that the S4 deal with the case it amazing but I feel iffy when buying used stuff, how is the reliability of S4 in general?
    Help a brother out, I really appriciate it, any thought welcome

Tech Wizard

Look also into an MC6000 especially if you have a copy of TP2 already.

VMS4 build and sound quality really dont match up to the S4 and MC6000.

Tech Mentor

As someone who went from using a VMS4 to an S4, there is no comparison. Save up until you can buy the S4, and you wont regret it. Although like the above poster said, I have heard primarily positive reviews about the MC6000.

Tech Convert

I actually found a Herclues Dj console RMX on craigslist and got that. It was 75$ and it will teach me basic mixing. After doint some practice, there is no Way I could use all of the S4's cabalities right away.
    But thats my controller of choice, I will buy it once I gain some skills.
    Thanks guys!