press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default S4 - press play, button lights up green but the track not moving? - Still not Solved

I press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving?

I've just installed Version 2.1.1 (just upgraded from 2.0.1 which sorta worked but with many issues.

I was wanting to use the S4 for my Gig on NYE but i need it to be running better first.

Some info that might help you guys help me.

- In version 201 i had to disable in device manager my 'realtek audio' for it work. (i have tried enabled and disabled and nothing)
    - The settings are all the stock standard but i turned off 'Muilti-core'
    - In the Traktor Kontrol Control Panel it says 'No streaming possible. Please try to disconnect and reconnect the device or reboot your computer'. I have tried that and it flashes green/connected but then goes back to the message.
    - In the Traktor Kontrol Control Panel when Traktor Pro 2 isn't open it say 'interface connected' like everything is ok.

Any help would be appriciated to try and get this running, thanks.

P.S This is a second thread but the problem is a bit different so i thought it would ok to start a new one, hope i didn't break any rules.
    Last edited by redpanda; 12-24-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Adding more info

it would help if you informed us which platform you are using.

e.g. Windows 7 x64, ACER xxxxxx, Driver version etc.
    MAC OSX 10.7 Macbook Pro 2011 etc.

I've had this problem before and it was due to using the USB3 ports on my XPS. Try finding out if it's the same in all USB ports, and then try it on another machine, then report back

Mark
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Sounds like scratch on is stuck to me.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    it would help if you informed us which platform you are using.

e.g. Windows 7 x64, ACER xxxxxx, Driver version etc.
    MAC OSX 10.7 Macbook Pro 2011 etc.

I've had this problem before and it was due to using the USB3 ports on my XPS. Try finding out if it's the same in all USB ports, and then try it on another machine, then report back

Mark
    I'm on.... XP - Asus FJ3 (just meets the specs), most recent driver for the S4. I don't have USB3 ports at all, have tried on all of them. I know it works in general (and hence would on another machine) because i had it working before the update. So i'm thinking is has to be a software thing (either Traktor or my System). I'm trying to find asio drivers for my sound card atm.

Quote Originally Posted by djshemeck View Post
    switch usb port, try the one on the opposite side
    See above

Quote Originally Posted by norequest View Post
    Sounds like scratch on is stuck to me.
    Whats that? Can i change it?

Also seems wierd that in the Traktor Kontrol Control Panel when Traktor Pro 2 isn't open it say 'interface connected' like everything is ok, but when i open Traktor is changes to 'No streaming possible. Please try to disconnect and reconnect the device or reboot your computer'.

Any suggestions and help is really appriciated. Thanks guys

Tech Wizard

I tried using ASIO4ALL but it didn't seem to help to get the Kontrol S4 to act as the actual sound card thingy.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Recalibrate your jogwheels. If your load light flickers this is a sign that traktor thinks you are pushing them down even if you are not, hence the stuck on scratch mode issue.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Recalibrate your jogwheels. If your load light flickers this is a sign that traktor thinks you are pushing them down even if you are not, hence the stuck on scratch mode issue.
    That seems to have fixed it (still have to have the soundcard disabled though), thanks heaps. Although i don't trust that this is the end of my problems, haha.

Tech Mentor

Yeah if the phase meter is going mental when you have a track playing on the other deck it'll be because scratch is stuck on and your jogs need recalibrating. Happened to me a couple of times.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    Yeah if the phase meter is going mental when you have a track playing on the other deck it'll be because scratch is stuck on and your jogs need recalibrating. Happened to me a couple of times.
    Cheers mate, just wondering, is it possible to recalibrating on the fly while playing? Or would that just be a bad idea?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by redpanda View Post
    That seems to have fixed it (still have to have the soundcard disabled though), thanks heaps. Although i don't trust that this is the end of my problems, haha.
    And it's not working again, have tried all the combinations of restarting traktor, my comp, disabling/enabling sound card, recalibrating the jog wheels and still i can't get it to work,

ARGHGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHH

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast