Cannot import collection - Going no where
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Cannot import collection - Going no where

I have been trying to import my music collection for the past four days and it's not working. Please help me.

1) I am trying to add my music folders to the list of Traktor Music Folders.
    I go into data location & add my music folders which are on bay 2 of my mac (not bay 1 with the operating system).
    When ive done that, i then go back to 'Track collection' & click 'Import Music Folders' and 'Import collection' but nothing happens.

So, i put it down to the default folder associated with the 'root directory' in 'Data Location'.
    I then decide to change the defaut root directory folder to my actual music folder on my second harddrive (bay 2) and also keep it added to the list of Traktor music folders underneath.
    Traktor then says it needs be restarted in order to change the root directory. I then start up Traktor again and it says....
    "The directory 'dah dah' does not exist, do you want to create it?".
    i click yes and it says "! Traktor is not properly installed. Please enter the path to the database".
    I then decide to make my actual bay 2 harddrive the root directort folder and Traktor restarts again and gives me the 'stripe directory issue' which i have to resolve by deleting a 'Traktor Pro folder' in preferences in my (user-home)/libary.
    So after all this i have to choose the 'default' directory again which won't left me import my collection.

2) Also, please please can anybody tell me how i can import my collection in their original alhabetical/folder order. i have searched with no luck
    Last edited by kenty; 03-26-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Tech Mentor

I have just realised that Traktor is not recognizing my Bay 2 Hardrive at all. Is this normal?
    Last edited by kenty; 03-26-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenty View Post
    I have just realised that Traktor is not recognizing my Bay 2 Hardrive at all. Is this normal?
    Nope, is your OS recognising it ?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Nope, is your OS recognising it ?
    I can physically go into bay 2 and play my collection with quicktime....

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

What happens if you hit the Explorer Node? Can you see the Hard Drive you wish to add?
    Is this an external Hard Drive or a Partition?

Tech Mentor

Nope, don't see it when i hit the explorer node. Its my bay 2 hardrive, not external or partician.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Can you not simply put the music folder on C: Drive.
    Im a bit confused . You should just have a C: drive despite the Bays ? or am i getting you wrong.

What is the Root Location you are choosing, what drive is it.
    What drive is the Music Folder on?

Tech Mentor

Hi Karlos, i have two internal hardrives on my mac pro. One is 500GB, ths has my operating system on. I keep my music collection seperatly on my 2nd 750GB.

The root location is my operating system drive whilst at the same time adding my other 750 to Traktor's Music Folder section underneath.
    I then go to music Collection - import music folders/collection and nothing happens. It does a little scan and thats it.
    When i try and select the 750GB as my root directory and keep my 750 also added to 'Traktor's Music Folder' section underneath, Traktor restarts in order to change the root directory. When i start Traktor up again, i get the 'stripe directory issue'.
    Last edited by kenty; 03-26-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Tech Mentor

i think what the issue here is is that Traktor does not recognise my second internal hardrive with all my music on. I don't want to drop my collection from that hardrive onto the main OS drive because of space issues.

Ne-one know how i can get traktor to acknowledge my 750?

does traktor see your iTunes collection? (assuming that you have you music already import on iTunes)
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast