I'm soon to be a NI Maschine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I'm soon to be a NI Maschine

... well, at least own one and be a djing billboard for all NI products. I just bought Native Instruments Maschine yesterday. Too bad it's on back-order for a few weeks. Anyhow, I'm hoping others of you here have seen its awesomeness and are going to give it a go... cuz I have a lot to learn and am going to need help (hehe).
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

If you decide to give up on it just post it my way

Cool purchase B33SON!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You lucky bastard
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Sweet. Let us know how you rock it. Theres not much practical info about.

I had one on my shopping list then my car went KABooM. No Maschine for me for a while now.

im super interested in what you think about the maschine once you recieve it, b33s. im also looking to pick one up soon, hoping to pick up an "educational" version for a couple bills cheaper.i'd like to hear from an actual user how well the hardware compliments the software. from the look of the ni vids, it seems they have put alot of thought into the workflow of producing a track from start to finish. i'd also like to hear about the remixing abilities, and how easy it is to chop up samples and acapellas and whatnot. has anyone else got a chance to get there hands on one of these pieces yet?

I personally just wish they went so damn expensive i was in the music store the other day talking to the guy there about them and they are comming in the store for something like $1100 Aussie each - hard friggen core !!

Some guy at Guitar Center did a pretty good demo... I've seen it in action at NAMM where they have a huge screen with what the software is doing. That was really helpful. The thing to keep in mind is that you're supposed to be able to do virtually everything just using the controller... That's what really excited me. I hate mousing around in Ableton and Cuebase.

Anyhow, I liked this demo because its by a guy at Guitar Center... he indicates that he's never read the manual. He just played with it for a couple months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h65aq...eature=related

Any particular reason you went fot the Maschine as opposed to the the APC40? I know the APC is more geared towards Ableton and "producers" but I think its pretty similar to Maschine too right?

I'm going for the APC in a couple years hopefully (btw...I'll trade you my Trigger Finger for your Maschine...straight-up...??) ha-ha
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Quote Originally Posted by rvltion909 View Post
    Any particular reason you went fot the Maschine as opposed to the the APC40? I know the APC is more geared towards Ableton and "producers" but I think its pretty similar to Maschine too right?

I'm going for the APC in a couple years hopefully (btw...I'll trade you my Trigger Finger for your Maschine...straight-up...??) ha-ha
    Several reasons... Maschine is a different beast. It's not just a midi controller (although it has the same capabilities). It has integration with the Maschine software & VST. You can also use Maschine within Ableton or Cuebase when running as a VST. And lastly, I've heard rumors that NI may integrate Maschine with Traktor at some point. I figured I best get learning it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast