jprime's setup

Thread: jprime's setup

Default jprime's setup

Greetings

I've really enjoyed browsing through some of the setups posted here, there are some drool worthy photos in some of your setups that I am certain will cause instant RGAS.
    I thought I'd contribute to the fun with a few pics of my own setup at home. Here's an overview - then we'll take a quick tour...toss a log on the fire if you don't mind...it gets chilly up here this time of year...

My setup is in the corner of our main living room. It's great when we have people over, as there is a good bit of space, some comfy seating, and usually a guitar, drum, harmonica, or pots and spoons for people to pick up and bang on at will. I started out with vinyl and turntables, and to this day when I play out - it's my main music machine; albeit with a few changes.

You'll notice an M-Audio Trigger Finger, and tucked in by the mixer is my serato box. I have the Trigger Finger mapped to 2 banks. The first bank of controls offers looping functions, cue points, and FX controls. The second bank is my SP-6 sample banks.
    The stand itself was made using maple veneer, #8 finishing screws, wood glue, some steel legs from an old table at a second hand store, dark stain, and about 7 Pilsners.
    The mixer is a Numark DXM06. The crossfader is nice and light and has a decent sharp cutoff for scratching, and it offers a few FX which I rarely use tbh...I suppose I might hammer the flange if I've had a few. :P

The mixer plugs into my Fender PD-250 plus. Nothing special here - this little PA system is VERY portable (the speakers clip into the head piece for travel), and offers up a number of extra inputs should you happen to come over with some gear and a soundcard and feel like plugging in for a jam
    The flight case fits a good handful of records, or some gear and wires for travel.

The top shelf along the wall hosts a few tidbits. Noteable items include the Novation Twitch controller....

A circuit bent Roland TR-707 drum machine....

An M-Audio Axiom-61 key keyboard controller....

A Yamaha TX81Z FM tone generator I found in a buddy's garage....I have yet to hook this thing up and play with it, hopefully it generates some unique bleeps and bloops...

As well as a couple mics, some extra cartidges, and a spare soundcard.

There's a MixVibes Cross DVS system behind that crate, I found it worked very well, and the soundcard it comes with doubles for other purposes too.
    Lol @ milkcrates, I had to add that for good measure.

What the hell - here's a signed De La Soul album and a mic shield....

And there you have it. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed the tour

Tech Mentor

neat!

How did you like mixvibes?
    I AM A DISK JERKER

It was great man, Really solid, easy to use midi mapping. Given the price of Cross, I am surprised a lot of people don't jump on it.
    I also like how you can use the same software for DVS as midi controlled action. Really solid piece of software for sure.

Tech Mentor

I think I'm going to buy mixvibes for christmas because i really like scratching. Gotta do what you love amirite? You considering selling it? and a question: can I somehow use 1 tt to control 2 decks? Or can i have vinyl control over the left platter and midi control over the right?
    I AM A DISK JERKER

Quote Originally Posted by buddha131 View Post
    I think I'm going to buy mixvibes for christmas because i really like scratching. Gotta do what you love amirite? You considering selling it? and a question: can I somehow use 1 tt to control 2 decks? Or can i have vinyl control over the left platter and midi control over the right?
    Interesting questions. I would have to look into using 1 TT to control 2 decks, and your other suggestion....not sure on either.
    As far as selling it goes, I think I am going to keep it. It's a great backup DVS system, and I like the extra soundcard hanging around.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Interesting questions. I would have to look into using 1 TT to control 2 decks, and your other suggestion....not sure on either.
    As far as selling it goes, I think I am going to keep it. It's a great backup DVS system, and I like the extra soundcard hanging around.
    Sure man
    I AM A DISK JERKER

that De La Record is dope man... one of my all time favorite groups! Wish I had a signed copy too!

nice set up. how do you like the twitch?

Quote Originally Posted by abstrakt View Post
    nice set up. how do you like the twitch?
    It's amazing man, I can't praise it enough. Everything about it is exactly what I had hoped it would be, and there are some great features I've yet to master.
    Highly recommend it.

Woot Just picked up a TTM57-SL and a MF classic to upgrade...

262073_10151300627335575_1351319324_n.jpg