Why Is Traktor RE-Analyzing My Tracks???
    Tech Wizard

Default Why Is Traktor RE-Analyzing My Tracks???

I recently had the joys of obviously not upgrading in the proper fashion to the latest release of 2.1.2. I was concerned when none of my tracks were present in my library and my cue points appeared to be erased. However, I was able to get them back with the help of the community.

NOW...Traktor re-analyzes each track and then inserts a new cue point every time I load. Why is this?? These tracks had all been analyzed and cue points made prior to the upgrade. If I delete this "new" cue point, it eliminates the existing bit grid too. I dont really understand this and it appears to have screwed up some of my tracks that needed adjustment to the beat grids prior. Please help. It becomes and even greater pain to delete when I am using my samples and it adds the 5th cue point. Thanks in advance.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

did you load your old collection file?

Tech Wizard

Yes, stats how I got the old cue points and bpms back. But it is re-analyzing each time.

Try changing your root folder to your old one and restoring an older collection file (in the backup folder inside it).

Tech Wizard

I will do that. I moved the collection file from the backup previously but didnt change the root. I will do that tomorrow as I am at a gig right now. Dont really want to play that game at this time of night. Thanks,

Tech Wizard

What exactly should the root directory be? Is this within one of the traktor folders or is this the root folder or where my music is located (ie c:/music library) as an example?

the traktor folder where your previous collection file resided

Tech Wizard

I couldnt seem to get it to work switiching to what I "think" was the old root directory. I did however resort to the default root directory and it seems to be okay now. It is not re-analyzing. What is the root directory supposed to be set to. What is in the proper root directory? Im having difficulty understanding this. Thanks,

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

In Preferences uncheck the option "Set Beat Grid When Detecting BPM"

Traktor 2 has to reanalyse all your music to apply the Tru-Wave form.