Is there such a thing as too much bass?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Tech Guru B33SON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    506

    Default Is there such a thing as too much bass?

    Funny thing happened last night at Electro Pop Rocks. B-Side Records has been hooking us up with extra sound for the last few weeks. Last night they brought an extra sub. The subs must have been throwing out some vibrations that haven't been scene at Blakes in a long time because the ceiling above the DJ area was dusting the whole night. Anyhow, got kinda funny/scary about 12:30 when I piece of plaster landed right next to me during my set.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

  2. #2

    Default

    nah if it was only plaster coming down, you haven't got enough, if a rafter comes down......then maybe you're near the limit....

  3. #3
    Tech Guru Kaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Tron, Noiseeland
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    blasphemy!
    i was trying to consider a situation of too much bass just now, i wonder if bass could be used in torture?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

  4. #4
    Tech Guru Lambox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    i wonder if bass could be used in torture?
    Yeah it's already been done. It's called driving home from a club at 3am with jackasses in the car who feel the need to continue to slam out when your exhausted.

    Or rather being forced to be subjected to bass when your trying to sleep is infuriating imo.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

    Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

  5. #5
    Tech Guru Kaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Tron, Noiseeland
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    Yeah it's already been done. It's called driving home from a club at 3am with jackasses in the car who feel the need to continue to slam out when your exhausted.

    Or rather being forced to be subjected to bass when your trying to sleep is infuriating imo.
    heh. fair nough, im not one to complain about such things tbh. i go camping every year next to the biggest soundsystem in the country. drug abuse=a good nights sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor eightyseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    136

    Default

    that sounds fuckin' sweet if you ask me, hahaha. as long as no plaster / ceiling comes down on your and crushes you... or even worse, your gear!

    when's your next gig in frisco? my girlfriend and i would love to go dude!

  7. #7
    Tech Guru lethal_pizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maida Vegas, London
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Didn't Jimmy Cauty (half of the KLF) once build a sound cannon that he said he'd blown up cows with? Now there is some serious bass!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

  8. #8
    Tech Guru Kaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Tron, Noiseeland
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Didn't Jimmy Cauty (half of the KLF) once build a sound cannon that he said he'd blown up cows with? Now there is some serious bass!
    ill beleive that when i see it... sounds crazy, but F*CK i want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

  9. #9
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,383

    Default

    I think there is such a thing as too much bass theres a point where the volume of the bass outweighs the mids and highs so it ends up sounding completely unbalanced and sounding like crap. Yeah a club system is ment to have more bass than say your studio monitors, but mids and highs sound nice too and i personally like to be able to appreciate them as much as the bass.

  10. #10
    Tech Guru Kaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Tron, Noiseeland
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I think there is such a thing as too much bass theres a point where the volume of the bass outweighs the mids and highs so it ends up sounding completely unbalanced and sounding like crap. Yeah a club system is ment to have more bass than say your studio monitors, but mids and highs sound nice too and i personally like to be able to appreciate them as much as the bass.
    mids, agree. depending on how high/low they are
    highs, disagree. i think one tiny high noise will always be heard, unless the bass is so loud that it kills your ears. i know this works for singers anyway. for example youll always be able to hear a single treble singer over 1000 alto or bass singers. but i dont beleive it works the other way around, is anybody able to prove that wrong or right with some physics? wave theory, peak and troughs etc? ive always beleived it to be true but ill beleive science before i beleive my music theory teacher
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •