APC40 + Traktor Pro Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default APC40 + Traktor Pro Help

Happy Holidays to everyone!

I recently reformatted my computer and have been trying to mix but seem to be at a road block. Traktor Pro accepts and reads my .tsi mapping, all of the LEDs on my APC40 light up as they should. The blue icon at the top of Traktor is there, but for some reason the controller isn't doing anything. Everything is plugged in, it just isn't responding.

I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time, DJTT.

Tech Wizard

Is your apc 40 in dumb mode? Upon start up you have to open ableton, wait for the red ring to appear in the session view then close ableton to put your apc 40 in dumb mode. Then try deleting and re importing your tsi file
    DJ RAGyD

HP G62 Win 7 - Traktor Pro 2 - Live 8 - Akai APC 40 - Xone DX - Nano Pad

Tech Wizard

I follwed what you said, Zeto. It did not work. The red ring never did appear in ableton though.

Just for clarficiation, my process was:

Turn on APC40 - > Open Ableton -> Wait for 30 seconds -> Close Ableton -> Open Traktor -> Delete current .tsi -> import new .tsi .

Is that correct?

Tech Mentor

I think I'm expaining this right... hard to do without my apc connected... to put it in dumb mode you have to enable it in ableton... sounds like you haven't done that...

Midisync, control surface, then turn those settings on, then close out of ableton. You shouldn't have to change anything on traktor I don't think.

Tech Wizard

Yes mablack is right, you have to set the apc 40 as your controller in ableton. Let us know if that doesnt work
    DJ RAGyD

Tech Wizard

In Ableton, this is what I have set up:

Controller Surface: APC40 ; Input: USB Audio Device ; Output: USB Audio Device

And under MIDI Ports:
    Input: APC40 Input (USB Audio Device), with Track, Sync, and Remote all ON.
    Output: APC40 Output (USB Audio Device), with Track, Sync, and Remote all ON.
    Output: Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, with Track, Sync, and Remote all ON.

I'm running Windows XP if that matters.

When I close out of ableton, the whole APC40 goes dim. I open up traktor and the lights come on.

I've set this up before, I don't remember it being this painful though.

Thanks for the help so far, regardless. =]

Tech Wizard

Does the red ring appear in ableton and does the apc 40 work in ableton? Also do you use other midi controllers an that pc?
    DJ RAGyD

Tech Wizard

I'm not sure which red ring you're talking about. You said it would appear for the red ring to appear in the session view, but isnt the session view that linear time line thing?

I haven't actually tried the APC40 in Ableton, but it does light up / go into a different configuration when I start it up in Ableton. No other midi controllers are used.

Tech Mentor

In clip launch, A red box should souround around the clip area not all of it just some.

Tech Wizard

Happy New Year to everyone!

I'm getting the red box in the clip area now. When I start up ableton, only about 4 buttons light up, including the "Master" under "Track Selection". When I close out of ableton and open up Traktor, the mapping comes to life, all of the lights are in the right places, but the "Master" button is no longer illuminated. Traktor still has the blue icon at the top indicating it reads the APC40.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast