Art Blakey - Moanin' Jazz Remix
    Tech Mentor

Default Art Blakey - Moanin' Jazz Remix

Hope you guys enjoy!

very cool! This is one case though where I think I like the original too much to enjoy this as much as I should, to be honest. I'm usually a huge fan of remixes of old jazz songs but in this case it makes me miss the original.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Cool Apollo 11 - Original

Thanks man! I couldn't agree more... though I prefer the Charles Mingus version better this one had the dubstep tempo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OSy...feature=fvwrel

Dude... jazz talk on djtechtools... I feel like I should have a coffee in my hand.
    Last edited by mablack; 12-24-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Not really a fan of a lot of the wobbly noises and such that you were using for the bass, they just felt out of place with the jazz. Vocal samples were great, but I feel a few could have been integrated better, few of them were too much louder than the music. The chopping and drum work were fantastic. Overall great work man, not entirely my cup of tea, but it's clear a lot of thought, work and skill went into making this.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Not really a fan of a lot of the wobbly noises and such that you were using for the bass, they just felt out of place with the jazz.
    Not much love for the wub wub on djtt... all good though. That was kind of the goal... though I understand your opinion . I'm a dubstep dj and wanted to find a way to incorporate some jazz into my set and decided to attack this. Thanks for the compliments and thanks for listening! I'd like to get more towards indie electronic like jazzanova, bonobo, brotherly... that vein.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mablack View Post
    Not much love for the wub wub on djtt... all good though. That was kind of the goal... though I understand your opinion . I'm a dubstep dj and wanted to find a way to incorporate some jazz into my set and decided to attack this. Thanks for the compliments and thanks for listening! I'd like to get more towards indie electronic like jazzanova, bonobo, brotherly... that vein.
    Eh, I've definitely grown tired of brostep (still love the dubstep though, and this remix is definitely not brostep), but wub wub noises are still good, they just felt out of place to me in this tune. Digging the want to incorporate jazz into your set. One of my favourite dubstep tunes right now is this, it's kind of jazzy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNW2bgEDUGE
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

Nice track... you listen to any Mimosa?

Thanks for that Mingus link; listening now and this is out of control!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

No kidding... My dad's a band director and he just played the mingus arrangement with his group... ridiculous.