A Poll to match Dan's Santa's Top Wishlist for Traktor Pro 2!

View Poll Results: Which wished are your favorites?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fix Mapping in Traktor

29 53.70%
  • Better iTunes Integration

21 38.89%
  • Fix History

11 20.37%
  • Traktor Bridge / ReWire support

13 24.07%
  • Alternate Layouts and Views

28 51.85%
  • Key Detection and Relative Adjustment

24 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Poll to match Dan's Santa's Top Wishlist for Traktor Pro 2!

Hi,

I thought this would be interesting. What would you wish for as your top 3 or 4 main new additions to Traktor Pro 2?

The blog from Dan is here: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/12/2...ktor-wishlist/

Please only pick 3 or 4, so the voting is meaningful.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

whipping a dead horse asking to make the mapping window bigger
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I voted
    1) Fix Mapping: Even though it's not really fixing it, but improve the way it works. At very very least a full screen window.

2) Bridge/ReWire: It's doable right now, but a native integration will be welcome.

extra wish... low priority but: ability to manage 2 or more soundcard at once...
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

My main wishes are not on this list. I want

(1.) configurable linefader curves (some controllers can do this in hardware but others such as the S4 can't)

(2.) much larger-sized main output level meter

(3.) smart playlists

(4.) ability to hide nodes such as itunes node from browser tree

(5.) out-of-the-box support for AAC on Windows without dependency on quicktime

(6.) the old view on large-resolution displays where you can see effects, master clock panel and mix recorder all side-by-side

(7.) traktor remembering the explorer view (i.e., the sorting)

(8.) playlist lock.

Tech Mentor

also, history is not broken for me. it works exactly as expected. TSP 2.1.2 on Win 7 x64 here.
    Last edited by rgtb; 12-25-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Lock library option?

As in when it is on no changes can be done to the library, prevents accidental
    Drag and drop or delete
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    whipping a dead horse asking to make the mapping window bigger
    Yeah i dont think theres a person alive that doesnt want this but, i have been reliably told that it simply isnt as easy as just making it bigger. It would require a total rework of how Traktor is mapped and i just dont think they have had the stomach for it yet. Yet.

I know someone will say "wah wah i do this job and i know that it can be done"... im just repeating what i was told in an off the record conversation (no NDA break or secret) its just not that simple apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    also, history is not broken for me. it works exactly as expected. TSP 2.1.2 on Win 7 x64 here.
    I dont know of any History bug/issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    Lock library option?

As in when it is on no changes can be done to the library, prevents accidental
    Drag and drop or delete
    You can do "Save Collection" periodically to prevent accidents just like "save" on another program like Word or Excel.

If you lock the collection.nml you cannot move any tracks within Traktor or play them.
    I dont think there could be a lock that would work in the way you want dude.

There should be many more browser options though. Undo and undelete etc

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I dont know of any History bug/issue ?
    me, neither. but the article this thread is referring to claims it is broken...

Tech Guru

+1 bridge support...but I think NI will go for more of a Maschine/Traktor solution.

This is all speculation and I'm not sure if this is even possible but I imagine that Maschine would act as the host for Traktor, recording audio and any other midi automation and once recorded Maschine would allow you to go back and add your own drums, samples, synths whatever. Maschine could even integrate a grid system similar to Traktor so that everything would just easily fall into place.

Again this is all speculation but I feel like NI would do this for the sake of keeping things within an NI integrated system and not outsourcing to Ableton.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    me, neither. but the article this thread is referring to claims it is broken...
    I don't get it. I used History just last nite to prove to my drunken self that i had played a track.
    In fact i just fired up Traktor and stuck it on Cruise to see if History is working and i watched it filling up with tracks.

History is wiped when Traktor is shut down. It only shows the current session (im sure everyone knows that) so when you start Traktor again History wont show that tracks that were last played (again, i know this is basic info but..)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast