The CryderSteez Setup
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default The CryderSteez Setup

Alright, waited a while to throw this together, I'll start with my oldest setup that I have pictures of, my very first piece of "DJ gear" was a Behringer BCD300, but you all know what that looks like so I won't bother with a pic.

Halfway through 2008 and this setup represented my first actual crack at DJing along with my first serious collection of gear. Ironically I had far more control than I knew what to do with at this point but hey, it sure looked cool, right? I stuck with this setup for almost two years until I got ahold of this sexy beast:

I was now commited to DJing and got my first few gigs with the NS7, lugging it around to bars and clubs looked goofy but we did alright, though I longed for something more compact and was not happy with ITCH's performance. Enter the S4 and its many variations, along with a 2400w mobile soundsystem:

[img]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4099/5611720123_169f7b8c3c_b.jpg[img]

This is when things started to take off for me. I could take the S4 anywhere and bring the house down, but needed to up my game back at home. S4 + M-Audio EX66 monitors:

Speakers on Ikea stands:

Finally I discovered the magic of vinyl and decided that in order to call myself a proper DJ I needed some turntables:

That's the current status of my setup as of December 2011, here's what's in the works:

Replacing S4 with DNX1600 and X1's; I love the S4 but I'm after a more "authentic" mixer experience, may pick up an S2 or VCI-400 eventually for mobile gigs.

Doing big things to my DJ desk as well, reworking the speaker stands and adding the ever popular Ikea vinyl storage option now that I actually have a reason for owning some, updates coming soon!
    Last edited by Jester; 12-25-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Tech Mentor

1-23-12, Finally snapped some pictures of the new mixer(Denon DN-X1600) I bought myself for christmas and an X-1 to accompany it.

VERY happy with this arrangement as a home setup, still trying to figure out what to do as far as playing out is concerned though. I currently have an S4 which fulfills this role, but I'd like to be able to play DVS on other setups which means an Audio 6/8/10 plus my X-1 which is doable, but I also want a more durable standalone option. If money were no problem I'd grab a VCi-400, still might if I can sell the S4 and scare up some more cash... and of course there's the new F-1... damn! Also thinking about hooking up a case for the mixer and grabbing some DN-SC2000's for a mobile rig and 4 deck madness at home... Advice is welcome!
    Last edited by CryderSteez; 01-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Tech Convert

Nice setup man! How do you like your X1600? I also bought myself one for Xmas as well.
    haha and I see your located in Portland, same here man I live in Southwest.

How much did you get the EX66's for? Do they sound as good as they look?

Tech Mentor

Oh it's so sick, the integration with Traktor is phenomenal and it really makes those monitors sing, MUCH better than the internal mixer that the S4 uses. Obviously superior phono preamps than the S4 as well but that's no surprise.

SW? I used to lived out there, I have a house up in North PDX since 2007 but I miss SW, so chill out there. I'm trying to figure out how many P-Town heads there are on here, I know of at least one or two more, a meetup could be fun...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eataskdotcom View Post
    How much did you get the EX66's for? Do they sound as good as they look?
    Those were a craigslist steal; $300 for the pair And they sound amazing, they play all the way down to a legit 37hz, no subs needed here! The only problem is that they reveal any and all flaws in your mixing, if you're not on point they will let you know it, but that of course is what you want from this type of speaker.

Tech Mentor

Here's a few shot of my setup with my newly overhauled M3D's, they both have:

• new pitch faders
    • HOSA RCA Cables
    • internal grounding
    • all white LED's
    • white LED pop up lights(fire sideways directly at the platter, not just stuck straight up inside the housing)
    • full calibration/matching(braking, pitch range, zero point
    • 3M DINOC gunmetal carbon vinyl wrap(this stuff is actually textured like real CF, not just a print)
    • dskreet slipmats

Long live the turntable

looking sick mate

Nice setup dude!
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Looking SEXY!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast