HELP! Blue Screen of death with new s4!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP! Blue Screen of death with new s4!!

So ive been playing around with a mixtrack pro and tsp2 for about a year and today i upgraded to an s4. Ive heard stories of problems with pcs so i have yet to install the disc on my computer (meaning i can't return the s4 if any issues arise). The s4 is recognized by my computer but whenever i try to switch from my computer to the s4 audio my computer crashes!! (bluw screen of death). Has anyone had this happen to them before?? please help!

What are the specs on your comp? Do you have the S4 running on usb or external power?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

computer and s4 power plugged in. Running a dell inspiron 15r, with over 500gb memory, core i5 processor, 8 gig ram.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything. My mixtrack pro still works fine, however whenever i plug in the s4 my computer crashes....

Tech Guru

Thats extremely strange, does it crash as soon as you plug it in? Also what version of windows are you running? I've never heard of that issue, post some more info on the issue, we'll get you sorted.

Also is traktor crashing or the entire computer?
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Student

Sounds like you're drawing too much power. What else do you run into your Laptop?

Tech Mentor

Under settings try unchecking the enable multi-core processor support option in audio setup. I have the s2 and for some reason with it checked I would get the blue screen of death after playing a little bit. After I unchecked it I have yet to see another blue screen of death. I'm running an pentium dual core with 3 gb of ram on xp.

little bit of an update:
    tried reinstalling, did not work.
    Traktor will run on its own, and with my mixtrack pro no problem. Does not cause my computer to crash.
    Pluggin in the s4 does not crash my computer (if traktor is closed).
    For a while i was able to open traktor with my s4 pluged in and it would not crash, however when i switched to use the s4 as the sound card my computer would crash.
    also when switching to s4 as audio card i clicked yes to automatically use as audio card so now when i open traktor if the d4 is plugged in my computer will crash.
    managed to switch the settings in traktor around (dont know exactly what i did) and i managed to plug in the s4 and switch it to an Asio4 as the soundcard which enabled me to use my s4! (no cracks or pops! l until i used loop recorder, then after 30 mins it froze) Reopening traktor it would not play tracks, i had to re open tracktor with the s4 unplugged then plug it back in to work again.
    I shutoff my computer and now returning to traktor again when i plug in my s4 it causes my computer to crash I tried doing what i did before but i couldnt get it to work without crashing my computer.

I will try the dual core trick. But any extra tips would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried using a different USB port? I know it sounds silly, but try it. If the port is bad it could be drawing too much power or transferring corrupt data.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Wizard

Just thought of something btw. saw your post on Traktor forum as well.
    Not sure if anyone has asked but.
    Are you by chance using a usb 3.0 port to connect the s4.
    if so it is not compatible. s4 only uses 2.0
    just a thought and something to check out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast