FatStratCat's Setup

Default FatStratCat's Setup

I recently upgraded hardware and am now using an NI Audio 2 into an A&H Xone 22 with a MPD26 to control everything else. I was previously using an MPD18 and Xsession Pro. Oh and I'm using Mixxx still since Native Instruments hasn't sent me an email yet for my free upgrade to Traktor Duo 2 for their "Fatten up for Winter" deal.

Here is how everything looked after I just threw it together quickly so I could get back to mixing.

After some cleaning up and organizing

Old gear

Before I got my Macbook Pro, still using my old Dell at some party

Last edited by FatStratCat; 12-26-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Sweet little setup.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Convert

how were you using the mpd18 and xsession together? i'm using an mpd26 and xsession and am having trouble figuring out what functions to put with which

Quote Originally Posted by jbk View Post
    how were you using the mpd18 and xsession together? i'm using an mpd26 and xsession and am having trouble figuring out what functions to put with which
    The Xsession controlled mixing, play, cue, rate, and flanger effects. The MPD18 controlled looping and hot cues. At this point I was doing a lot of my mixing in Mixxx by triggering hot cues between tracks.

Now with the MPD26 bank A is for deck A and bank B is for deck B in Traktor. each controls Play, Cue, Loop in, out, Fx 1 2 3, and all 8 hot cues for each track. The first two faders are tempo, the second Dry/Wet for effects, and the 6 knobs are for effects. All the mixing is done on the Xone 22.

if you are using the MPD26 with an Xsession I would recommend trying to only map mixing controls to it so it serves as a mixer and then all the other controls an be done on the MPD26