using SL1 & SL3.. is itch worth it? novation twitch?
    Tech Mentor

Default using SL1 & SL3.. is itch worth it? novation twitch?

i'm currently using SL3 with my technics m5g's and denon 3500's with SL1. i've been using SL for about 4-5 years now. . i was wondering if itch is worth getting? .. i'm planning on getting a small controller (probably novation twitch) so that i can just play around with it on my computer desk rather than setting up 2 decks and a mixer. are there any benefits/pro to using itch? ... being a scratch live user, am i going to be disappointed in itch?

and if any one has the novation itch, how do you connect it to an output? rca cables to a mixer? ... if i ever do take the twitch on the road would i be able to use SL on 2 channels and ITCH/twitch on a third channel?

Tech Convert

Can't say much on the use of them combined but I have used Itch and SL and they operate very similarly. SL has gotten a bit more complex over the last year but for basic mixing functionality... they're hand in hand. The browser list in itch and the horizontal spectrum layout bother me but that's just personally.

Tech Guru

I use SSL for main set up and use Itch for small gigs on a VCI-300. The Twitch soundcard has gotten some bad reviews on output volume. Itch is great, the workflow is the same as SSL. The views are a tad different, and the effects are not there yet, but I'm a big fan of the program. The sync function I think works great, the gridding is VERY simple and easy, and there's an easter egg that will change the color of the waves to refelct changes in the EQ's. For example, kill your lows and all the red disappears from the waves. It's pretty neat.

As for as them running together, you could run them both into a mixer and used them independently. Itch could be the third deck on the mixer...only thing I would caution is making sure your computer can handle both programs running at the same time with no drop outs.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Okie cool.. Thanks guys.. I have sl3, can i connect the twitch to the aux connection?..

Quote Originally Posted by jsa83 View Post
    Okie cool.. Thanks guys.. I have sl3, can i connect the twitch to the aux connection?..
    Sure, but why would you? To route the signal into SSL LiveFeed?
    Id expect more latency and even more stress on the cpu.

If not planning to use it through the SSL LiveFeed feature,
    Id rather run it directly to the mixer, less cables, less hassle...