The Bear's Set-Up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up The Bear's Set-Up

Got a few new toys for christmas so I decided I'd post up.

I used to use Reason last summer, when I started producing. Soon after a friend of mine showed me some things within Logic that I liked so I decided to commit with that. Picked up the axiompro25, a few VST's and started making some beats (which I've come to realize were all shit). About 2 weeks ago I picked up the KRK rocket 5's and started a remix of a Gym Class Heroes song (first production Im actually satisfied with - it's a sick feeling breaking that wall) and then for christmas I got the NI Traktor S2 with DJTT Knobs (so fucking hard to get the stock ones off, gave up on the mixer - no leverage)... I've been mixing non-stop since then. I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture but the headphones are Shure SRH840's (for monitoring) which I was using when I only had the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks. Today I picked up the Auralex Isolation Pads and studio foam panels. Pioneer HDJ1000's in the mail. Looking to sell the Axiompro25 to get an oxygen 49 key so if anyone's interested in buying or trading hit me up.

enjoy...

The Bear

nice setup
    where did you get the foam from ?
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

Thanks, I got the foam at Guitar Center

That Foam is for sound isolating? and how it works on so small area? or plans are to make all wall of them?
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

yeah, the foam's for sound isolating, so far I can't really hear certain frequencies better since the room is a lot bigger than what you see, but I plan to fill most of the walls with the foam and throw some bass traps in the corners (measured out the gap for a reason ;])

nice.. i think i've seen that before
    Traktor Kontrol S4 + TP2, MB Pro 13in
    Logic Pro, Novation Nocturn 49, KRK Rokit RP6 G2's
    Gimme a like! - http://www.facebook.com/aireatlantic...p_178091127385
    http://soundcloud.com/aireatlantica

If your keen to set up room treatment let me know and I can try and talk you through it. Its a dark art and if you do it wrong it will do more damage than good to your mixes
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

@Aire Atlantica: Not this though;]

Traded in my AxiomPro25 and two old Cymbals for this Oxygen49 and a nice check at Guitar Center...diggin the faders especially the master one deff gonna try to map that to record enabled tracks so I can get my mixes going while writing tracks

@JazZMutant: Shoot me a PM
    KODIAKRECORDS
    [CENTER]

Tech Mentor

Sweet setup
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Tech Student

Very nice. Where'd you get the shelf with the squares from?..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast