AmpliFire's setup

Default AmpliFire's setup

Hi all,

Long time reader here and recently i decided to join. As an introduction; here's the evolution of my setup:

It all started 6-7 years ago when i found an old Rodec mixer in the attic and hooked up two discmans to it. They didn't have "instant start" and I couldn't change the pitch but i was able to mix and change the EQ's, which was very amusing at the time.
    (unfortunately i don't have any pictures of this setup, which is a pitty because the old rodec was a nice piece of vintage gear... It was thrown away...)

After a while i decided to step up my game and by some real equipment, so i started saving and bought a Synq CD-X1 and a JB Systems Talent mixer. Finally a could practice beatmatching and learn proper mixing.
    A few months later I bought a JB Systems HQ-30 direct drive turntable from a friend, and started buying vinyl.
    I really liked the feeling of vinyl, so after saving some money, I bought myself a Synq XTRM-1 and instantly realised how crappy the HQ 30 was...
    (again, unfortunately i don't have any pictures of this setup)

So I started saving money again and after a while I had enough to change the setup and bought another XTRM-1 and a Numark 5000FX.

I enjoyed this setup a lot, the Numark was a fun mixer, too bad the build quality was quite rubbish... After two (yes two) weeks the dry wet fader started leaking, and after about three months some channel faders started leaking... Nevertheless I had alot of fun with it.

Same setup, new wall:

Made a "stand" for the double cd player:

I had that setup for about two years, when I stumbled upon a chance of buying my utlimate dream mixer: the Xone:92. (some guy won it and couldn't use it)
    So, without hesitating my setup became:

Last year, when Native Instruments decided to sell Traktor at half the price, I decided I couldn't stay behing longer, so i bought Traktor Scratch Pro. A few months later I also bought two KRK's RP6 G2:

On the cd player stand, I made an "el cheapo" laptopstand:

Later I had could by a Soundbite Pro from a friend (awesome piece of kit):

I really liked the digital djing, but I soon realised I would really need a midi controller to take full advantage of the software.

So, my last update so far was the Xone:1D. I doubted a lot if I should buy the NI Kontrol X1 or the 1D, but eventually chose the 1D because of the faders (I like controlling effects with the faders)
    I also bought a Sennheiser HD-25 CII (not pictured).

Allright, thats it so far. For the future, I am thinking of that new Xone:2K (faders + nicer buttons as the 1D) and maybe an analog delay (think Boss DD3, DD7 or something like that)
    And if I suddenly start making tons of money, who knows I will buy some Technics, but so far, the Synq's (super-OEM) are treating me very well.

Greets,
    AmpiFire

Great setup, like the progress, hope you will get what you want

P.S: How are those JB Systems HQ-30 TT's?
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

i have the same cube cabinet furniture thing and am wondering what you used to raise it...it's so uncomfortable mixing on a low surface. I was thinking of just going to home depot and getting 2 cinderblocks but if theres a better way please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewFuse View Post
    P.S: How are those JB Systems HQ-30 TT's?
    Thanks
    The HQ-30 were nice entry level TT's, but I don't know if I would recommend them... It really is a world of difference between these and the super-OEM's (and Technics). Maybe mine was in a bad shape, but the speed was always drifting quite a lot, so I had to correct the pitch constantly.
    The torque is also very low which means pitchbending has to be done very carefully...
    Nevertheless, if you get them for a nice price, it is a cheap way of stepping in the vinyl world (I sold it for €75)

@ Kodiak Records: It's a standard IKEA Expedit furniture, and the legs I use are also IKEA parts, Capita I think they are called.
    One thing to keep in mind is that the Expedit is filled with cardboard inside, so take more than 2 pieces (I took 8) to distribute the weight...