Reloop PLAY vs Numark dj io vs Traktor Audio 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reloop PLAY vs Numark dj io vs Traktor Audio 2

So i have about $100 and need a sound card
    I narrowed it down to the Reloop PLAY, Numark dj io, and a Traktor Audio 2
    Which do you recommend????

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Id go for the Audio2 ...its tried and tested and well known to sound great.

Numark DJIO has issues with lion drivers (if you are on Mac)

Reloop - apparently has Mac issues as well ** edit ** solved by all accounts, but driven only to snow leopard.
    Last edited by deevey; 12-27-2011 at 02:22 PM.

hope this is the right thread and to not make a new thread, hope to get here an answer here.

Will Reloop Play do the thing with Reloop Jockey Controller Edition?
    Will i be able to Cue in headphones?
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

i love my audio 2....sounds great...well built...worth every dollar...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

My numark io has been solid for me for years, Audio 2 seems to have a higher output, though.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Student

I think the Traktor Audio had a great sound than Numark DJ, but it's lack of connectivity.
    But i think Numark is a better choice for beginner

Tech Convert

I was just in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. I decided to go with the dj i/o because it can be externally powered, had a dedicated mic input, and was $25 cheeper. I've heard the Audio 2 is a great sound card, but a few of my buddies have the i/o and they all love it. If you really can't decide, by both on amazon and return the one you dont like (I would've done this if I wasn't paying only with giftcards.)
    VCI-100se (FW1.4 upgrades soon), DJ I/O, White MacBook, TP 2, Ableton Live 7

The Numark is a decent sounding card, as I mentioned above if you are on a mac with lion though, beware it does NOT work correctly.

The Umix44 by mix vibes is another one worth considering in that kinda budget with lots of flexibility (timecode support!).

Seen one on amazon for $71 which seems like a steal

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mix-Vibes-UMIX44-DJ-Package/dp/B002WMGVR0/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1326211672&sr=8-10"]Amazon.com: Mix Vibes UMIX44 DJ Package: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41PTfAenGRL.@@AMEPARAM@@41PTfAenGRL[/ame]

I think they are made by Maya or ESI

I have my djio working fine on my macbbok air w/ lion because I bought it before I had this lion machine. DJio is the cheaper buy and includes a mic input. I've never had a problem with it.

Some guy out there modified the djio drivers to work on lion cause numark is apparently too lazy. He explained it as not the drivers being the problem with lion, just the way the installation was packaged. So far I have had no problems and audio quality seems fine.

Some guy out there modified the djio drivers to work on lion cause numark is apparently too lazy. He explained it as not the drivers being the problem with lion, just the way the installation was packaged. So far I have had no problems and audio quality seems fine.
    I already had modified the driver PKG, they haven't actually upgraded the driver itself though which would seem to be the issue.

If you hot plug the DJIO in and out it results in high pitched screeching which requires a reboot to solve...guess its hit and miss if it does happen to you, but, Im not the only one with this prob.

http://community.numark.com/numark/t...ly_in_osx_lion

No quibbling about the audio quality on the I/O when it was working back on SL, it genuinely was very low noise. 24/96 would have been nice mind you.

Seeing as they haven't got off their arse to fix a driver for something which should have been remedied when Lion was in final release stages would make me think twice about recommending one though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast