New setup ideas

Thread: New setup ideas

Default New setup ideas

So currently, I'm spinning on a vestax typhoon and nano pad- and honestly, Im getting to the point where it is getting a little limiting, looks a little toyish, and I kind of want to start mixing externally so I can try get some club gigs.

I used to want to get an s4 or mc6000 or pioneer t1, but I've thought about having an all in one controller, and I kind of want a mixer and a small controller instead, so I've been thinking of getting an x1, audio (2 or 4) dj depending if i get a 2,3 or 4 channel mixer and keeping the nano pad, either selling or modding the typhoon into a new box (I can't see resale value on a typhoon being too great), getting a mixer and a flight case.

Now, I think that having an x1 and mixer would be a good change, and a nice way to work out how I could mix in clubs properly, but my budget is quite small, and I live in Sydney, so everything is more expensive than over in the us.
    Anyway, I've been thinking of getting either a Behringer ddm4000, because reviews seem pretty good, and I can get it cheapish, or going for a cheaper $150 bare bones numark mixer or similar...

So my question is- am I going to have trouble going from a typhoon (jogs etc) to a smaller controller, with an external mixer).

And secondly, (I know there are a lot of posts about this) but should I get a ddm4000, cheaper bare bones mixer, or saving up alot for another mixer of some sort, keeping in mind that I will have the x1 for controlling traktor, browsing etc, and for effects.

Sorry for the ramble...
    Cheers.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Your saying a typhoon is limiting you, but you want to go to an x1 and real mixer? its pretty much limiting yourself even more and dropping more £.

What about a mixer and 2 X1's ?
    4 deck control,

Or just go for the s4, or vci 400, or Mc6k
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

I want to mix externally, and I don't want to be software ridden, and I kinda want to be able to get cdjs or turntables in the future, even though I can still do that without a mixer, I just like the idea...

And by the look of it, the ddm4000 looks to be midi compatible to add more traktor control, and have all that other mixer stuff.
    The lack of control with the x1 may be an issue, but there arnt any other cheap small controllers that can do something similar.

And I've never actually used decks 3 and 4, so i can't justify the need for two x1s unless there is a mapping so I can use each x1 for decks one and two.

I still don't know though. Trying to make up my mind, and looking for ideas :P
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

External mixer and mf pro. Bam. Most creative setup in my opinion. And then add 1 tr and it is even better.