Frogstar's Zombie Raver Vomit setup
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Frogstar's Zombie Raver Vomit setup

This must be my 20th setup in the last 2 years...

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, what on earth have you done to that hardware and is it permanent? Looks like someone took a bunch of acid and had arts and crafts time.

Also is that a Tempest?

dude i'm loosing it just looking at....
    Beatslicing for the bitches

yeah got the Tempest for xmas.. Wanted to have something which bypasses needing a computer to use.
    Its all permenant.. the fabric paint.. For me its like the Matrix.. do you take the red pill and just have a generic midi controller that everyone else has which contains no soul. Or do you take the blue pill and add a mix of functionality and form to your controller which creates more of a bond to your instrument and gives it a soul.
    I use a velcro system I developed with laminated 9 mil thick plastic labels for every control you ever could hope to use in any DAW. Took me about 2 months, 500$ worth of velcro/ UV labels, and alot of patience. Every label has 8 cuts, 4 for the label, 4 to chamfer the corners so they are not pointed. Ive got 1600+ labels which are categorized and laid out on a wall and in a special velcro patch book system the Military uses.

as far as the LSD arts and crafts.... Well I have a background in art, and pictures can never do it justice, because its all UV reactive and glow in the dark. If you have never touched fabric paint its hard to describe... but its literally hardening into plastic.
    The velcro system on the gear has the o2 cut off.. so the velcro wont come off.. plus its industrial strength. This allows me to position my gear in ways you never thought possible. Same idea behind a guitar pedal board

What are all the labels on the board, you mean like you have velcro labels for controls that you swap out depending on how something is mapped?

Can you take some close ups of the maschine and other gear?

Tech Mentor

Wow dude... dude wow.

Tech Mentor

I LOL'd when I saw the eyes on your tempest.. that just looks hilarious. Cool setup, sounds like a very complex process..
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Ill take some more pics tommorrow night with blacklight flood.

yeah common controls mainly... like LFO rate, LFO amount.. or the whole Attack delay sustain release.... Also color coded stuff like sets of letters on different colors or numbers.. so I can see where the routing is going from APC to Maschine or on the Xone 92. Also have stuff like 1,2 3,4 5,6 so I know which output from my soundcard is on what channel. I modded my xone 92 and removed all the phono preamps so I can have double the amount of line inputs.
    This is mainly for a song by song basis when working on a live mixdown... or the basic workflow I keep consistent... I guess the phrase.... Method to the madness applies here.

because all the paint is UV reactive.. its ambient light is enough to see any control in a dark situation. The glow in the dark stuff helps too.
    I use a DMXIS USB and a DMX UV LED panel... so the whole thing lights up in time to any channel I need to have it driven from.

Taste The Rainbow.

Feels like a weird, crazy, and intense Skittles advertisement.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast