[Record Store] London
    Tech Mentor

Default [Record Store] London

Hey there,

I'm going for a 4 day trip to London (NYE/NYD PARTEEEEHHHHH), and i'm planning on buying some vinyls!

SO basically i'm looking for a good record store, not too far from the city centre or not to hard to reach. Genre's i'm looking into will be Deep House / (Nu)Disco / Indie Dance. New releases and older.

Is there any store like this that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Tech Mentor

http://www.bm-soho.com/

Formally Blackmarket records

25 D'Arblay St
    London W1F 8EJ
    Area: Soho

few others in the area

Agreed with R2D2, BM SOHO has always served me well. Plus most of the staff who work there are mega friendly (last time I went in there a female DJ who plays regulary on rinse.fm was serving me).

Also try sister ray just around the corner as well.
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

+1 for Phonica records they've got a good selection and some nice shirts and stuff as well as friendly staff

BM Soho - BlackMarket Records...the place of my youth....anyone heard of Nicky Blackmarket - Jungle/Drum & Bass DJ of some note? He used to work there in the 90s, going to that shop to buy records on a saturday was an immense experience.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Mentor

phonica and blackmarket are 2 minutes walk from each other too...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    BM Soho - BlackMarket Records...the place of my youth....anyone heard of Nicky Blackmarket - Jungle/Drum & Bass DJ of some note? He used to work there in the 90s, going to that shop to buy records on a saturday was an immense experience.
    Yep down in the basement with the BASS !

Nicky used to sort you out ! him and Ray Kieth were on point in that shop !!!

ha ha used to work round the corner used to get my meager wages on a friday and blow over a ton of it on vinyl happy days

Also when the UKG came about Uptown records on the same street not to sure if its still there nowdays.

Thats what it was about grabbing the whitelabels the new tracks each week finding the toonage thinking back makes me smile seriously think kids these days are missing out in a big way going on beatport just ain't the same