Mixer versus software curve

Default Mixer versus software curve

Afternoon chaps and chappettes (although people are convinced the latter don't exist here),

For those of you that scratch with Traktor and have a mixer with an adjustable curve, what settings do you use? I have a very sharp curve set on my innofader with minimal cut in. In the mixer prefs in Traktor I have the crossfader time (or whatever it's labelled as) set almost all the way to the right/quick.

I am currently working on some good old fashioned crabs (who isn't) and either my fingers are now moving at such lightning speed that sound doesn't have time to cut in properly or, I don't have the settings right. I have a sneaky feeling my finger swiftness isn't the issue.

Please dump your wisdom in large bags right here.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

Bump for a cool dude.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Hey Smittten:
    I'm on a VCI-100, and i've had the same feeling. I'm on TP1, and I haven't played with the software settings yet, but I feel like when I have my VCI set to it's sharpest cut that I can "outcrab" the fader... You might be on to something. I thought the Innofader would've fixed this? And do you lose curve adjustment?

I had a quick word with Elliot and got this:

"Best Practice" for setting the Innofader curve: Start with the curve in the center. If the product's crossfader curves are too sharp, soften the curve. If you want to get better cutting, turn it clockwise just to the point where the crossfader has a single step on/off when the mixer is set for a sharp curve.

I am going to make some more adjustments tonight. Will let you know.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Any updates?