Mixing externally with limited soundcard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixing externally with limited soundcard

So, I have a vestax typhoon, which has RCA output on the back of the unit, and 1/4" jack for headphones on the front.

If I was to get mixer, would it be possible for me to set The white RCA out to Channel 1 of the mixer, the red to Channel two of the mixer, and the headphones to channel three?

Or do mixers need stereo instead of the mono I would be feeding into it?

I just don't want to fork out more for a soundcard, if the one I already have could do the job.

Hope that makes sense,
    Cheers
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Run 2 RCA to 2 RCA from the main out on the Typhoon to a channel on the mixer.
    Run Jack to RCA from the headphone jack on the Typhoon to a channel on the mixer.
    Then you can mix externally and monitor off the actual mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Ahkay, so it's not a good idea to only run mono through channels in a mixer?
    Sweet. Thanks(:
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.

vinyl yes. other inputs no, as they will be half volume
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Ahhhh tricky.

Thanks

headphone jack is still stereo mate.

Yeah i know, I would have used a jack to dual RCA for the front, but I was hoping I could send each RCA channel on the back (red and white) to a different channel on the mixer, so I could run 3 decks in traktor.
    But no issue.

* 3 decks to 3 different channels, and still be able to cue

maybe its time to upgrade the typhoon buddy maybe get an s4 for an all in one solution or an Audio 6 interface. There's you 3 channels right there.

Yeah, I'm just trying to do it on the cheap :P

I was planning on getting a mixer and two x1s, or 2 contours or something else a little more professional, and a soundcard, but I think for the moment, I'll just remap the typhoon to be more effects based, and get something else later considering I only do mobile stuff for 18ths etc, it's not necessary at all for me to change, I just feel like I want to try out external mixing to start of with :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast