Launchpad Crashes Ableton When Using "User Modes"

Default Launchpad Crashes Ableton When Using "User Modes"

Hey guys! So i got a Novation Launchpad for Christmas this year. I plan on using it similarily to a Monome by using follow actions in ableton. If i setup the follow actions and use the Session Mode on the Launchpad everything works fine. However, once i map User Mode 2 how i want it to be, Ableton freezes and crashes as soon as I launch the first clip. I am currently running Ableton 8.2.6 on a PC and I have the latest Launchpad driver installed. I have also attempted restarting Ableton and restarting my computer but still no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions as too what I can do to make the launchpad work?

Any thoughts? I'm thinking I might just run MLR with Nonome and all that jazz with the runtime version of Max.

Tech Mentor

is your copy of ableton legit or a torrent download? My friend had the same problem and it did the crash when his ableton was downloaded off the internet. Once he purchased a copy of it however, the issue stopped..

all is good. i reinstalled ableton (really didnt want to but i just gave it a go) and everythings working now!

Tech Wizard

could anyone lmk if the software that u get with the launchpad is sufficient or is the thing worthless without spending $400 and getting the real abelton..?

Tech Mentor

lmk?

Cosmo, the version of Ableton you get with the Launchpad is sufficient but very limiting as well. I suggest you save up and buy the full version. One of te best purchases I have ever made.