Can anyone confirm? - Traktor deck midi gain

Default Can anyone confirm? - Traktor deck midi gain

hey guys,

well here i am at home and thought i woul dmake a little mix with my vci ....anyhow i plugged my vci in as normal and strted up traktor...

anyhow i dont know if i have overlooked this before...but heres the problem

lets say i have the fader on deck B. and i turn the gain all the way down...but i have the volume sliders all the way up...i shouldnt hear any sound right? because as of right now i can hear some sound come out..this happens on deck a as well...

i dont know if i have never noticed this ...or something happened to make sound come out...i always thought that if the gain was all the way down you shouldnt hear jack out the master....

anyone can confirm i am either a noob, or this is infact not supposed to be happeneing

DELL XPS M1710 : MOTU Ultralite : VCI-100
    dirty electro funky hip house:eek:

The deck gain does not cut out to a complete kill, the master gain will though.
    Note how the gain knob goes to -12db and the master gain has a gain that goes all the way down to -100db.

Its programed that way so i would say this was intentional. Probably to allow fine tuning of the gain as most midi controls only have 128 points of interpolation on a physical midi knob(which i must add sux!).

ahh yes. you are the wise one. thanks bento!!!

DELL XPS M1710 : MOTU Ultralite : VCI-100
    dirty electro funky hip house:eek: