I have the biggest gig in a 100 mile radius tonight

Default I have the biggest gig in a 100 mile radius tonight

It's an afterparty for a landowner's son that owns probably one of the biggest producing ranches out in this area where my company work's on his wells (see that unintelligable grammar right there, that's that good public school upbringing)
    Though I have some trepidations about it, the kid is 19 and I'm pretty sure he and his party are going to be taking some drugs, I'm more than sure that the kid is cool, he's just an insanely wealthy kid that's learning how to run the ranch (read - deposit mineral right checks from big giant natural gas companies) that likes getting fucked up, but do I want the offhand chance of his family having an issue with a subcontractor that works on his property being the dj at a, for lack of a better term, "drug rave" people out here (western oklahoma, 3 miles from hell basically) are extremely close minded and conservative, I've heard people talk about what I play in my work trucks (the've got a bit of boom ) and this is purely a quote I've overheard "playin that F***** N***** shit" and plenty of other stuff that isn't worth repeating...so basically I really don't know if I want my business to be associated with something that is undesirable to people that are running my trucks, any advice??
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

uh, I mean...you need to think of this seriously from a long-term business perspective and a point of respect. If you get associated with something that people don't like and it ruins your business, I hope you get a lot of DJ gigs afterwards because having no respect from your clients or workers does not a good business make.

Now - as to your worker problem. Fire them and find new people. I am not sure what you do, but there are 14 million people unemployed. If they don't like your "fuckin nigger" music they can go take a hike, and you can find some other guys to drive trucks. Seriously. The fact that your workers give you no respect will not be good for your business either. You're the fucking boss. Fire one of them and they won't talk shit again, and if they keep it, you can tell them they can join the rest of the assholes in the unemployment line.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    Now - as to your worker problem. Fire them and find new people. I am not sure what you do, but there are 14 million people unemployed. If they don't like your "fuckin nigger" music they can go take a hike, and you can find some other guys to drive trucks. Seriously. The fact that your workers give you no respect will not be good for your business either. You're the fucking boss. Fire one of them and they won't talk shit again, and if they keep it, you can tell them they can join the rest of the assholes in the unemployment line.
    You misunderstand, I hear people that I come in contact with, be it on location, or around town riding with the windows down. My hands tend to be cool with edm now, though they probably tolerate it because I sign their check, every once in a while we have to go about 2 hours to a location, I'll throw a long mix on and let them smoke a joint on the way...my employees are great, it's just all the conservative values set that are omnipresent here, very very close minded... I'm thinking that I'm probably not going to run into anyone important, but I'd hate to lose business if the wrong person took offense to it...though it's going to be a bunch of rich country boys and girls that are fucking raging and probably on ecstacy and whatever else they can get their paws on... the house is pretty isolated its on about 300 acres (1/2 mile give or take) of property and the living area is probably 2000 sq ft (but I didn't get measurements lol) I think it has potential to be a great moment for these kids, so I really want to do it

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

dj it and just dont be seen handing kids anything (drugs alcohol etc) Just the same in a club. someone takes some X and your the dj doesnt mean you support it or allow it. thats the peoples choice. whatever you do just stay professional and through a loop out in your intro saying "music is my drug" lol
    Beatslicing for the bitches

I fucking destroyed it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvE_DRZitU

Epic moment, there were about 40 to 50 people there and this was the 4 am dancefloor crusher... To the credit of the hosts, he went all out with a bunch of lights (strobe and a bar with some stuff that I don't know the technical name for)...and they were going off...great night, thanks for the advice everyone.... I had one of the best nights in a long time....