Advice/reviews on new dj setup
    Tech Student

Default Advice/reviews on new dj setup

I'm getting a lot more into cutting/scratching and I'm "upgrading" (a term I use loosely since I'll be keeping my S4 around as a portable all in one for house parties and the like) from my Kontrol S4 to a full hardware setup...

Problem is I'm on a real budget.

I want a mixer with a built in soundcard that can handle software/midi and stand alone vinyl/cd use...

I can't really afford a Rane mixer or the new Pioneer T1 or a set of techs so I'm considering this:

Reloop Iq midi (http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info...45713dfccc641a) $5-600 brand new

and a set of Numark TTXusb tables

I can't find much info on the Reloop other than a cpl generic reviews (half by the company) and they aren't very big in the US... but it's the only mixer that doesn't look like a toy/bad build that also has a traktor ready soundcard.

The whole setup will cost me about a grand brand new from online vendors...

Any advice? I really want to hear from the community before making the decision because I don't think I'll be able to test it out before buying. This would be my "mid level" setup for the next few years while practicing the art and saving up for a higher grade mixer.

Thanks in advance! Feel free to msg me.

Tech Student

Oh yeah... the reason I'm choosing a mixer with a soundcard already is once again budget... I can buy the NI scratch upgrade for a little over a hundred bucks... or I can buy the soundcard with scratch for half a grand... Perhaps later on I can get a high end soundcard but I also don't like the idea of a zillion cables cluttering up my dj table.

Any advice on other options for a traktor ready soundcard/mixer would be great. I can't find many other options on the net outside of $1000+ mixers from the big name companies. I was hoping for 4 channels so I can run 4 decks in traktor or a cdj/other hardware but even the Denon X1600 is $1000 and I have heard mixed reviews... I don't really care about hardware effects because I use my Maschine for chained effects in Traktor... however, since I'm using a PC laptop anything that would free up CPU would be awesome. I get audio issues and CPU red lines when I use my S4 and Maschine at the same time while internal mixing in Traktor. Hoping that a switch to scratch only using traktor for effects/transport will free up a little bit of extra juice on the laptop. I did a new years gig last night and after spending 15 minutes getting rid of background tasks and the like I didn't have a single issue last night.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by sunsetter; 01-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.

I'm a little baffled about the idea of another mixer when you could do the scratch upgrade, but who am I to judge.

Have you peeped the ddm4000? I know it's midi assignable, but I think you'd still need a soundcard.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DDM4000.aspx

Tech Mentor

The DN-X600 has an inbuilt sound card and supposedly supports DVS if you tell Traktor your using the X1600 in the setup. Sits at around $700-$800 IIRC.

Tech Student

I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the tip! I saw that mixer at guitar center but wasn't sure if the build quality was the same as it's 2 bigger brothers.