Need Help! Ikea Expedit bookshelf questions
    Tech Guru

Default Need Help! Ikea Expedit bookshelf questions

Hey i'm aware that there is the DJ desk post but i'm just focusing here on the Expedit bookcase.

My current setup is 2 large tabletops with very high legs. The problem is this has resulted in a lot of wasted space and when i'm scratching the table wobbles which makes me worry the screws will rip from the legs. I've looked into using the Expedit bookcase but i'm concerned it could be top heavy and to much overhang would result in more stability issues.

The tabletop is 2 feet deep and 4 feet wide. Has anyone here had any issues using the Expedit bookcase with large tabletops? Or has anyone found a similar style bookcase that's deeper then the Expedit?

Tech Wizard

I'm using two back to back and i get no wobble from scratching

Tech Mentor

yeh i dont think you'll get any wobble since the whole bottom part of the expedit is in contact with the floor
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

The weight of the 2x4 unit should be more than enough to counter-act the scratching motion.

Besides, assuming your turntables are set up in the traditional manner, you'd be hard pressed to scratch in a way that would make it topple that direction.

Are you scratching in the same direction as the table's length?
    CDJ800mk2 | DJM800 | CDJ800mk2

Tech Guru

I'm aware of using 2 expedits but that would take up more space then I can afford.

Read above

If you're scratching hard enough to tip a single 2x4, urdoinitrong
    CDJ800mk2 | DJM800 | CDJ800mk2